COD 4 Rant

Midnight

Question

I have lost my patience....

I cannot seem to get COD 4 running smoothly and properly regardless of the multiple installs that I have done on this new pc.

My issues are as follows:

1. After installation I replace the players folder in the COD folder with the folder of my saved profiles. It will never recognize the folder and I always have to start over. Regardless, I will continue to play on the server its just a pain to have to restart with everything. I have never achieved all the achievements, nor was it my intention to do so, but it is nice to have them done.

2. Usually I install from the CD which is 1.6 patch. Therefore following the tutorial on here about patches and patch selector I then install the 1.7 patch and then the patch selector. Many things happen, but usually one of the patches no longer works through the version selector and I can no longer play it. I have tried from Steam (Thanks Sin) but that works niether. Unfortunately my 1.6 fellas, after this re-install today, it will not recognize the 1.6 patch. Therefore I will be playing 1.7.

If anyone can help guide me through this process and get everything to work right, I would be most gracious. Im good with computers, but apparently not game set-up.

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

When I had windows vista, the patch selector worked beautifully, all the time every time, steam version of the game or CD. When I got my windows 7 pc, nada, never worked. I found the dual install method worked best for me (though it completely f***ed my xfire in-game functionality). I'm pretty sure you have, but just in case, have you tried that or heard of it?

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1