flagoon

need some help and advice

Question

im having trouble it comes 2 like 4 or 5 different maps that it wont download like vience and cean and reactor theres acouple more i think but those are the ones that mainly people choose please help and thank you :D

16 answers to this question

well comes to find out that isnt the problem i still dont know what is but thxs

Do you mean downloads fail or they just dont even begin downloading?

If they dont even try downloading, then look for cl_allowdownload in your config and set it to 1.

If it doesn't exist in your config then add it:

seta cl_allowdownload "1"

is cl_wwwdownload also 1 ?

btw once you join a mod , it loads the config in the mod's folder.

so if for example you put there 2 lines (cl_allowdownload 1 , cl_wwwdownload 1) in etmain and then try to join hardcore, it will loads silent's mod cfg)

alright ill try it when it lets me join hardcore its not letting me yet this morning

Hardcore is currently down.

Ya i know im waiting for it to be back up thanks for informing me joker :D do you know why its down? thats the only server i like playing on

well i tryed what you guys said it loads everything up then it stops and says estimating for the time and the transfer rate is 0 bytes copied

Firewall blocks FA's FTP?

Take a screenshot of the log in the console

Do you mean downloads fail or they just dont even begin downloading?

If they dont even try downloading, then look for cl_allowdownload in your config and set it to 1.

If it doesn't exist in your config then add it:

seta cl_allowdownload "1"

hi all, fail for me :/...

My game crash when i download fearless's packs after half of first download... pretty weird (for sure, i know it's because of sv_wwwDlDisconnected and the FTP redirection) but how to fix it (my cvars are ok and i disabled my firewall)

info: i'm a mac user, but I do not think the OS makes a difference to our problem !

where can we download "~~~~fearlessjaymodRC2.pk3" and others to ad packs manualy ???

Edited by tribe

If you get XFire, I would, and I'm sure others would be willing to send you the pk3 files directly to get you playing sooner.

yeah that's what i does but i'm sure not all players have xfire or even friends in-game... so it could be usefull for all to have an http download link for all F|A's servers packs ?!

anyway this probleme is really weird, if someone have ever resolve this prob .... thanks to help us !!

i'm asking how i was able to download it first time, (before i totaly reinstal my game and deleted all packs yesterday) maybe sv_wwwDlDisconnected was off at this moment (i think i was properly dowloading it on F|A #2 XPSAVE FOREVER 2 years ago, but not sure, maybe more) ... ?