ET Legacy soundproblem

Gladiator
Go to solution Solved by DoubleDragon,

can you attach a condump file 

open console and type /condump sound.txt when the game opens

Should be located here when it is dumped you can copy paste this if your on windows in a explore folder tab C:\Users\%username%\Documents\ETLegacy\legacy

if you want to look to be sure the sound is setup correctly in console default values of mine is this 

Spoiler

------ Initializing Sound (1)------
SDL_Init( SDL_INIT_AUDIO )... OK
SDL audio driver is "wasapi".
SDL_AudioSpec:
  Format:   AUDIO_S16LSB
  Freq:     44100
  Samples:  1024
  Channels: 2
  Silence:  0
  Size:     4096
Starting SDL audio callback...
SDL audio initialized.
----- Sound Info -----
sound system is muted
    2 channels
32768 samples
   16 samplebits
    1 submission_chunk
44100 speed
17103CF8 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------
Sound initialization successfully done
s_backend set to SDL2
--------------------------------
Sound memory manager started

in game this is my default settings

shot0000.thumb.jpg.11855f7044409e06f6cda61b0538b719.jpg

I will do later when iam back home., i have the same setting like you. I reinstalled ETL deleted both folders, didnt added any cfg to be Sure IT wasnt a messy cfg file but still same. 

• Solution

I may have given you the edited sounds was half asleep 

The echo sound is common with sound frequency being to low if your is set to 22khx then just up it to 44khz which is ultra high

if the sounds still sounds muffled/echoed not sure what os your on but on my windows 10 with my monitor I have to enable Low Frequency Protection and Loudness Equalization directly from the device to eliminate static when the game plays and disable Exclusive Mode so the system would keep control over the sound device instead of letting the apps take control

Microsoft explains what they both are and Low FP is on the left side https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/audio/loudness-equalization-dsp

for Exclusive Mode it's actually more about the sound streaming for videos https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/coreaudio/exclusive-mode-streams

On the task bar you open the sound device properties by right clicking on speaker and left click on sounds

on the new window highlight the sound device your using highlight it then click on properties

then the device's properties will open in a new window

then you click on General Tab and click on Low Frequency Protection and Loudness Equalization

then click on Advance Tab and disable Exclusive Mode by unchecking the two boxes that is on by default

click apply then ok

you may or may not have to reboot but I think Microsoft has resolved that issue by turning the device off then back on for you

You can always revert back by doing the opposite if you have surround sound or separate speakers I only used this method for my monitor cause it has small speakers built in

If your on Linux just besure to have openAL enabled not SDL2 supposed to cross platform compatible with openAL but it's made for Linux directly

This is about all I can think of for sounds having issues

• Like 1
  • 100 1