Sandstorm update

Kooki

• Platinum VIP

Some of you may have noticed that i have been abscent from play for the last week or so.  Some of our members have been chosen to participate in the sandstorm technical alpha development team.  I was one of those, ppl.  

Now we are under a non disclosure agreement which has caused some of the discussion groups to be closed because apparently some people dont know that non disclosure means.  However, the development team has relied on peoples complaints and suggestions to make some small changes to the game as time has progressed.  IMO some of the improvements make little sense and seem to make game play worse, and believe me i have told the dev team i thought it was wrong.  I can see the problems they have trying to make the game better /more playable and make as many ppl happy as possible, if youre not one of them then tough.  

Development has stopped for the weekend as the dev team will play with the community for a couple of hours today and sunday.  Play is happening all over the world to see how players everywhere  handle the game and how they play it compared to other places.  The Sandstorm closed technical alpha session will end at 5 eastern on Monday.  

The teams havent been verbose in giving updates on release dates etc, but i think after the alpha session is closed they will have much more data to make a decision with.

As you all know im not that great a player, only moderate, compared to many of you.  I suggested at first that the game was really fun and different than anything weve seen yet from NW.  However, now that ive played it for many days for me i find its so hard i almost cant play it at all.  For instance, this morning i logged in and had one kill, i was then killed 6 times one right after another and took no objectives.  I was simply a spectator for the remainder of the game.  Thats not fun, in my opinion.

Perhaps difficulty increases as your rank does, who knows.  No telling what the game will look like at completion and release date.

I will give you this advice, work on your lean abilities and speed your mouse speed up to an uncomfortable level to prepair for the release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I am looking forward to the game so thank you for sharing your thoughts on it, kooki. was the alpha pvp or against bots? Or is that covered under the nda?

• Platinum VIP

End of the Closed Technical Alpha

Insurgency Sandstorm logo

End of the Closed Technical Alpha

Hello,

Insurgency: Sandstorm's Closed Technical Alpha is now closed - thank you so much for your feedback!

Additionally to your reports, you'll receive soon a survey to gather your feedback.

Note that the NDA is still active after the end of the Closed Technical Alpha.

The next testing phase will be in August for players who pre-order. Stay tuned to our various networks not to miss it:

See you there,

Insurgency: Sandstorm Team

©2018 New World Interactive and Focus Home Interactive. Insurgency: Sandstorm is developed by New World Interactive and published by Focus Home Interactive. Insurgency: Sandstorm and its logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of New World Interactive. All other trademarks or registered trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Focus Home interactive  

Parc Pont de Flandre « Le Beauvaisis »Bâtiment 28 11 Rue de Cambrai

75019 Paris - FRANCE

Edited by Kooki
  • Like 2