Cooking and Recipe sharing

Hulk

I don't know about everyone else, but cooking is fun for me and trying different foods... Soo, I thought i would make topic to talk about food, share recipes,get new ideas for different things to try, and expand our horizon when it comes to food. Hope you think this is a great idea, and can not wait to see what you guys will share.

P.S. Staff sorry i put in wrong section can u move to food and drink. my apologies

Edited by Hulk

Hi!

As a good spanish, i can share a recipe to make a nice paella.

I call it "blind paella", because you dont have to look for things to keep apart on the dish (like the chicken skin or nerves, etc...), you just can eat it without caring for what you get into your mouth.

It is not the tipical paella, since the tipical one has crab and else.

Ingredients:

1 glass of rice (white normal rice. Dont use basmanti or so others)

3 glasses of water (the better proportion is: 3 glasses of water for 1 cup of rice, so if you use 2 glasses of rice, you will need 6 glasses of water)

1 red pepper, and 1 (or 2, depending on the size) green pepper. Just keep the same proportion of green and red pepper.

1 onion

3 garlic cloves

1 medium or little carrot

250 gr chicken

100 gr bacon

salt

parsley

olive oil

fried tomato sauce

Preparation:

- Try to get a "paellera" (large paella pan, or large paella skillet), its the best tool to cook paellas on. If you dont have any, get a big and plane  skillet.

- Cut everything in small pieces (except chicken, you can cut it in medium pieces if you prefer, will be better. Just make sure its peeled and remove the nerves and else things which could make your teeth scratch when you bite them, if you know what i mean).

- Put together in the skillet the garlic cloves, the opnion, the previusly peeled carrot, green pepper and red pepper to fry with some olive oil (not too much, about 2 medium spoons measure). Cook for a few minutes on med-high power. Let's say that a power of 7-8 (of 9) will be nice.

- Add the chicken, and let it get a bit golden. Add the bacon.

- After the bacon is being fried for about 2-3 mins, you can add all the rice, and mix it with the rest of ingredients which already are in the skillet.

- Cook everything for 2-3 mins aprox.

- Add all the water, with salt. I dont use any specific salt measure, you could use 2 dessert spoons as an aprox measure. Anyways, you can always add it later, while tasting its cooking process.

- Now it comes the important part. You have to change the power to 6-7 (of 9), and add the fried tomato sauce, mixing it all. Do not ever forget to check the paella from time to time, mixing everything, about every 2 minutes.

- The last step is to add the parsley, mixing it with the paella. You can add it while there is water, or later when the paella has been dried a bit.

You will have to try to rice, and check it is not hard, it will get softer. When you feel it is soft enough, your paella will be ready.

It is important to not let the paella get too dry. Add more water and salt, as they are needed depending on the rice smoothness you want.

You dont need to cover the paella while you are cooking it. Let it breath

As a personal tip, i would add the following:

Once the paella is already cooked properly and you are satisfied with the rice smoothness, let it rest as much as possible, covered, so the rice will continue absorbing all the ingredients taste. You can warm it again later, when you want to eat it, since the more it rests, the tastier and softer it will get.

Take care when you uncover the skillet, avoid the condensed water to fall to the paella.

For example, i use to cook them for lunch (about 13:00) but i enjoy them much more for dinner (at 21:00).

So... a few hours resting, your paella will be tastier.

That's all for the AcKe's blind paella.

If you ever try it, let me know how it was, i hope you enjoy it.

Soon, more...

Greetz,

AcK

Edited by AcKeNaR
forgot the carrot, lol
  • Like 1
  • Love 1