Breaking news 3 Baton Rouge officers feared dead in shooting

DFighter

Police: Three officers feared dead in Baton Rouge 03:52
Story highlights
  • The victims may include police officers and sheriff's deputies
  • The shooter is believed to be down as well, an official said

(CNN)Three officers are feared dead after a shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, officials said.

Kip Holden, the mayor-president of East Baton Rouge Parish, said authorities were still trying to get a handle on the situation, but added, "The count is three officers dead possibly."
The victims may include police officers and sheriff's deputies.
"There is still an active scene. They are investigating," he said. "Right now we are trying to get our arms around everything."
The shooter is believed to be down as well, Holden said.
"Everything is moving fast and I have not been able to verify everything," he said.

Authorities did not immediately say where the Sunday morning shooting occurred, or release additional details.
But Baton Rouge Police Cpl. L. J. McKneely said "multiple" officers were down. He couldn't elaborate on the extent of their injuries.
The scene, however, is contained, McKneely said.
Since the shooting death of Alton Sterling by the police earlier this month, the department has worried about credible threats against officers.
"We can't take anything for granted any more," East Baton Rouge Sheriff Sid Gautreaux said last week.
He spoke shortly after police arrested three people they believe were planning to kill the police in the city

Developing story - more to come

source + photos and more: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/index.html

latest update 4 police men shot 2 are dead acording cbs

• Like 1

Think i am not going to watch any more news on TV or anywhere..I stopped once years ago for 4 or 5 years..happiest time of my life..concentrated on family and other pleasing things....

• Like 1

Pretty cool to sit back and watch a country/ and the world, unravel. Man wait till after the presidential election, if you hold public office or a cop, better get suited up.

RT/ is good for breaking news.

Edited by BnBChumMaster
  • Like 1