Corsair stretches warranties for some PSUs to 10 years

Night Hunter

AX1500i_PSU_sideview.png

We can say from experience that not all power supplies are created equal. There are a few companies with reputations for putting out higher quality units. That list includes Corsair, which announced today that the company is extending the warranty period for several of its PSU models from 7 years to 10 years.

The new warranty period applies to all Corsair AXi, HXi, RMi, and RMx power supplies. If you buy one new, it'll be backed by 10 years, and if you already own one, you'll receive an additional 3 years of coverage. There's no additional registration or any other information required by current owners, either.

"Corsair’s commitment to PSU quality and longevity has always been at the heart of its entire PSU line-up, and is why millions of customers have chosen Corsair PSUs to power their PCs. This commitment isn’t just made at the manufacturing level – it’s also at the heart of Corsair’s customer support experience, ensuring customers who choose a Corsair PSU have faith and confidence in their purchase for years to come," Corsair said.

These aren't just high wattage, high dollar PSUs that Corsair is extending coverage for. The lowest end of the bunch is the RM550X, a 550W power supply that streets for a reasonable $100 (£75).

I´m unlucky my RM- without i-s or x-s falls out of this category, but nvm still have plenty of years on it;)

The funny thing about is  that Seasonic made series fall off of the extended warranty also.

In that matter I think Seasonic has fallen behind in the race. They have bad marketing/barely come out with new products and their price is way too high. Usually you can get all Jap cap Corsair with next tier Efficiency with the price of Seasonic one. If anything makes Corsair\Seasonic apart is Seasonics solder quality, Corsair has very good vs Seasonic Excellent. Well if I´d care less- if it performs as well or better and has long warranty, then all that matters is price. And EVGA is even more cheaper. And Corsair is the quietest, my PSU fan is idleing most of the time.