COD 4 app not opening

philosopher

Hi - I don't post on this forum, or website, but I took some time out from the game 8 months ago, and then found when I returned to the COD 4 app recently, that it wouldn't open. I don't know why. I know I installed OS El Capitan since.  

I might delete the app and then re-install from the App Store, but I wonder if this could delete my profile with its perks & progress.

I'm just checking here, since I usually use the FA server. 

philosopher

• 1 month later...

OK - so perhaps I didn't present myself too well in the above post... I need advice please.

I use a mid-2010 MacBook Pro and my COD4 app is not working - 

1) If I delete it and downs;had it again, will my in-game profile (philosopher), with all its perks and progress be lost on deletion?

2) If so, then what can I do to preserve my profile?

Someone, Anybody?

Thanks, and I love the server by the way. 

Hey Phil- I've played with you quite a bit on the server.

There was some kinda thing late last year that effected some of us Mac users.  I had to reinstall the program from the app store.  Even though I had a good backup of my profile, when I copied it into the correct CoD4 folder- it messed everything up again.

I'm afraid that you maybe doing just as Doc said above - starting over.  

While you're here you might as well look around the forums.  Go to the Introduce Yourself section and say "Hey" to everyone.  There are lots of very friendly and helpful people here. :D

Hope to see on the server soon!

• Like 1