Robert Zemeckis shoots down Back To The Future remake

Night Hunter

6a3b004d95928484f69a8c878e1d23e09367ed62

With this summer boasting plenty of remakes, reboots and sequels, it's clear that we're firmly in Hollywood's recyclable age. However, there's still one classic franchise that won't be subjected to a modern day update. Back To The Future. As the first movie celebrates its thirty-year anniversary, 2015 seems like the perfect time to announce a reboot. According to the film's creator-director Robert Zemeckis there's only one way that could happen: over his dead body.

"Oh, God no. That can’t happen until both Bob [Gale, his co-writer] and I are dead," he told The Telegraph. "And then I’m sure they’ll do it, unless there’s a way our estates can stop it."

"I mean, to me, that’s outrageous. Especially since it’s a good movie. It’s like saying ‘Let’s remake Citizen Kane. Who are we going to get to play Kane?’ What folly, what insanity is that? Why would anyone do that?"

Equipped with stunning foresight, Zemeckis and Gale had a stipulation inked into their contracts with Amblin which gave them both the sole rights to the BttF series. Any and all future movies can't go ahead without their approval - which means there's no way we'll see new adventures for Marty and Doc. Well, at least not in this timeline.

Good.

Stop f***ing with classics Hollywood. They're classics for a reason.

Only exception for me was Evil Dead. That was a good horror reboot. Need more deadites, cool?