script help request

Phobia

yeah:) i ran into that /quit wouldn't work..but I was able to press the esc button and then mouse to the quit button...option II scares me:)

so if you would be willing to let me see how to put a ''counter'' on the loop that would be great(actually I would like to see all of it lol)..and ofc thanks everyone..the amount of help here really has blown me away!

Phobia, did the script suit your needs?

As promised, I have uploaded the scripts for those who are not sure what to do with the codes I posted above.

Installation Instructions:

1) Download the .cfg files attached to this post.

2) Copy it to your etmain folder.

3) Launch ET.

4) Go to console by pressing the ~ key and then type /exec configname (eg. /exec autothrow5.cfg).

6) Press the leftarrow key to start the script.

autothrow5.cfg - allows you to auto throw grenades 5 times

autothrow6.cfg - allows you to auto throw grenades 6 times

infinitethrow.cfg - allows you to auto throw grenades infinitely (This script is for educational purposes only. It has a known bug which is explained in my previous post. It is NOT suitable for normal usage.)

Note: You need not switch to grenades before starting the script as the script auto switches to grenades before throwing the grenades. This is for your convenience.

As for the counter, I will try to create one tomorrow if possible.

Hope you enjoy the script. :)

autothrow5.cfg

autothrow6.cfg

infinitethrow.cfg

Edited by blackknight8653
  • Like 1

it looks great...as of yet I have not had time to incorporate it into my exec and test it..i am hoping for today or tomorrow to do that...many thanks again

it looks great...as of yet I have not had time to incorporate it into my exec and test it..i am hoping for today or tomorrow to do that...many thanks again

It is ok. Just want to make sure it is close to what you wanted. :)

i got to try it..maybe I did something wrong..it switches to grenades and runs the echo, but I don't see any grenades being thrown..i tried pasting it into my autoexec and tried exec'ed autothrow6.cfg, neither had a different effect

i got to try it..maybe I did something wrong..it switches to grenades and runs the echo, but I don't see any grenades being thrown..i tried pasting it into my autoexec and tried exec'ed autothrow6.cfg, neither had a different effect

I think I spotted the issue. It seems when I copied over the code. There is one line where the format got messed up. Sorry I will correct it.

• Like 1

Notice: I have updated this post with a fix to the code due to some errors I made when copying the code over.

Tip: If you don't want to keep editing to code to throw grenades many times or infinitely, I have found a solution. If you use the code or script I have shown below, for example, using the autothrow5.cfg, you can auto throw 15 times continuously if you click the LEFTARROW 3 times continuously at the start. In other words, after executing the script, press LEFTARROW 3 times and you will auto throw grenade 15 times. Similarly if you press LEFTARROW 5 times, you will auto throw grenades 25 times.

Note: If you used the above tip, you will not be able to move until all the grenades, based on the number of times you press the LEFTARROW key, have been thrown. I will try to come up with a method to stop auto throw when needed.

Ok it is not really a counter but you can create a separate script to make it to a counter but that I will leave it to another time as I have to do another separate script to compliment this script. I will most likely update this topic with a separate counter when I have time. Maybe you can tell me your desired values like, throw 10 times, throw 20 times, throw 30 times, etc. Though it will be very tedious. I will think of a separate solution for that if possible.

The script below is tested in F|A NQ 2. You need not switch to grenade manually before starting the script. The script auto switches to grenade when started.

Below would be for those looking at Option 1:

CAUTION: DO NOT change the value of the wait. I have tweaked it such that you will not throw too fast which may case a bug resulting in no grenades being thrown. Leave the values for wait as it is.

If you want to throw it another 5 times after the first 5 times ended, just press LEFTARROW again.

You can see that I leave a credit there. Sorry I just did it for fun. If you want to, you can leave the credit there as a form of appreciation. :) You can also like my post. :)

//Auto Throw Grenades Bug Fixed (Throws Grenade 5 Times) [Press LEFTARROW to start the script]
set throw1 "echo ^2Throw ^31; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw2;
set throw2 "echo ^2Throw ^32; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw3;
set throw3 "echo ^2Throw ^33; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw4;
set throw4 "echo ^2Throw ^34; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw5;
set throw5 "echo ^2Throw ^35; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr stop;
set stop "echo ^2Auto Throw ^3Stop; -attack;"
set autothrow "vstr throw1"
bind LEFTARROW "echo ^2Auto Throw Script by blackknight8653 ^3Start; weaponbank 4; vstr autothrow;"

FAQ

Question: How do I change the number of times I want to throw? (eg. I want to auto throw grenades 6 times instead of 5 times.)
Answer: In the above script I have shown, focus on this line "set throw5 "echo ^2Throw ^35; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr stop;". Copy that line and paste it at a new line below it. Replace "throw 5" with "throw 6" and replace "stop" at the line which you copied to "throw6". It may be hard to understand my explanation but I believe if you look at the new code below you would understand what I was trying to convey.

In other words, your new code will be as shown:

//Auto Throw Grenades Bug Fixed (Throws Grenade 6 Times) [Press LEFTARROW to start the script]
set throw1 "echo ^2Throw ^31; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw2;
set throw2 "echo ^2Throw ^32; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw3;
set throw3 "echo ^2Throw ^33; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw4;
set throw4 "echo ^2Throw ^34; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw5;
set throw5 "echo ^2Throw ^35; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr throw6;
set throw6 "echo ^2Throw ^36; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr stop;
set stop "echo ^2Auto Throw ^3Stop; -attack;"
set autothrow "vstr throw1"
bind LEFTARROW "echo ^2Auto Throw Script by blackknight8653 ^3Start; weaponbank 4; vstr autothrow;"

You can repeat this as many times as you want until you reach a particular number of throws which you desire.

Question: Can I auto throw infinitely until I decided to stop it?
Answer: If you are using the code I created above, the short answer is no or at least I am unable to think of a solution to it. The issue is not because it is unable to throw infinitely but due to the fact that it will cause you unable to move and also unable to do any other commands or binds such as /quit, /reconnect, etc. In other words, you will be stuck unable to leave the game. It would also cause other potential issues which I would not elaborate here as it is not important. The only option to leave the game if you use the infinite throw method is that you have to go to your Task Manager by going (CTRL + ALT + DELETE) and end the ET.exe process. There is no way to stop the throwing without exiting ET.exe hence, due to this reason, this method is NOT RECOMMENDED.

However, for those who are curious of the method to throw infinitely I will post the code for educational purposes:

//Auto Throw Grenades with Known Bug (Throws Grenade Infinitely) [Press LEFTARROW to start the script]
set autoinfinitethrow "echo ^2Infinite Throw; wait 100; +attack; wait 100; -attack; wait 200; vstr autoinfinitethrow;
set autothrow "vstr autoinfinitethrow"
bind LEFTARROW "echo ^2Infinite Auto Throw Script by blackknight8653 ^3Start; weaponbank 4; vstr autothrow;"

For those who are not sure on how to use the script, I have uploaded the script I used here later with instructions on how to use them.

Installation Instructions:

1) Download the .cfg files attached to this post.

2) Copy it to your etmain folder.

3) Launch ET.

4) Go to console by pressing the ~ key and then type /exec configname (eg. /exec autothrow5.cfg).

6) Press the leftarrow key to start the script.

autothrow5.cfg - allows you to auto throw grenades 5 times

autothrow6.cfg - allows you to auto throw grenades 6 times

infinitethrow.cfg - allows you to auto throw grenades infinitely (This script is for educational purposes only. It has a known bug which is explained in my previous post. It is NOT suitable for normal usage.)

Note: You need not switch to grenades before starting the script as the script auto switches to grenades before throwing the grenades. This is for your convenience.

As for the counter, I will try to create one when I have time.

If you discover any bugs or have any questions regarding the script, you can reply to this topic. Thank you. :)

Hope you enjoy the script. :)

autothrow5.cfg

autothrow6.cfg

infinitethrow.cfg

• Like 3