Touchpad scrolling delay

DrTurdle

Hey guys

Since a few days I've been experiencing (2-finger) scrolling delay on my Asus laptop on the touchpad. The thing is, it has nothing to do with settings (I think) as I set it to no delay and yet there is. I'm running w8 and the only other delay the touchpad gives me is when I swipe in from the sides to switch from home page thingy to desktop. Other than that nothing else is delayed, clicking and such works just fine.

I already updated the driver, which was already at the latest version so that's not the problem. I've been googling the problem for hours now, but can't seem to find a solution.. If any of you could help me out here, that'd be awesome!

Thanks!

How do I fix this? And I can't imagine it would run slow as the laptop isn't even a year old, nor is the memory almost full.

No need to delete the thread, just explain how did you fixed it so people with the same problem can fix it too.

I cleaned up my computer, apparently some malware cause the problem (which I do find weird as the touchpad is hardware isn't it?)

• 5 weeks later...

I cleaned up my computer, apparently some malware cause the problem (which I do find weird as the touchpad is hardware isn't it?)

hardware controlled by software...

But likely the delay wasn't happening directly within the mouse (touchpad) software itself, rather the corruption of windows in general likely caused the lag

hardware controlled by software...

But likely the delay wasn't happening directly within the mouse (touchpad) software itself, rather the corruption of windows in general likely caused the lag

Perhaps you're right, the good thing is that it's fixed now and hasn't come back so far.

• Like 1