COC Troop Donations

The_Dom

One of my biggest frustrations with the war clan is the balance of troop donations. There is always 1-3 people that take up the bulk of the troop donations, even right now somebody has 700 donations which in turn means they are spending elixir for others benefit and it is not being distributed evenly. I know I have run into this, paul/ktom has run is also a huge donator as well, as well as others. I think this problem has a few points, but here is a break down of how, imo, troop donations should work:

1. People, me included, are to fast and the donation request is already filled, not giving others opportunity to donate.
-Give others reasonable time to donate, if you are one that has a bunch of donations hold off to give people time to donate.
2. People are not filling open request before submitting their own request.<
-You should always fill what you can before making your own request. If you expect others to be generous, you should be generous as well. Donate the full amount possible and fill what is requested. On battle day, I have a variety of troops available, while leaving space open to barch (http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Arvin232%27s_Strategy_Guide/_How_to_barch_effectively) can still farm. Typically 1 dragons, 5 hogs, 5 wizards, just the typically requested troops then back fill what was requested after I fill the donation.
3. Constantly asking for troop levels over your own.
-As somebody with higher level troop, this is damn annoying. There is usually only 3-4 people with lvl 3 hogs or drags etc, to limit your request is limiting who can fill your request. Bottom line, unless you have a very specific attack that requires a very specific level, which I don't see the general population doing this, to quote my mom "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit". If you don't get what you need, simply dismiss the troops and request again. If you are still not getting need, or a specific person is donating what is not necessary or a level that is not helpful, post a message in the chat directly to them, kindly asking to refrain.
4. Fill with requested troops, if nothing specific is requested, the default is Archers.
-Don't put in archers when they are requesting hogs, don't put in giants when they are requesting a dragon. You can ask if they have any other preference, but don't just assume.</p>
5. Don't ask and expect odd troops outside of war
-I am not going to cook and donate a golem or hogs or dragons outside of war, it is ridiculous to expect this. Rarely do people use odd or expensive troops outside of war. If you are trophy pushing and need expensive troops, just put let us know in the request.
6. Don't leech, you will be kicked.
-This has been said before, if you don't donate and only request or have a bad ratio of troops donated vs. troop requested this is leeching. You are leeching off others, you will be kicked over time. I don't care if you have been in the clan for a long time, are a member or not, don't leech.

Bottom line, like all other games, be respectful of others. Be respectful of their time and the resources they are using to help you. Help others as well, I don't care if your troops are not at the same level as mine, it is one archer or one barb that I did not have previously. If you are generous, others will be generous with you. I'm sure I missed something, but vent over, hopefully this helps.

• Like 2