Who owns these cellphones?...

Papito

I'm thinking on buying a new cell but I'm indecisive, Who owns Xperia Z2 or Moto X v2 (2014)?, it could be a little discuss between owners to get one result, the best device.

nexusae0_Sony-Xperia-Z2-launch-party-andmoto-x-2014-1.jpg

• Like 1

why dont you go for nexus 6 or One plus one..

Nexus 6 is big in size n bit costly but one plus one is great cause it has same specs as phones you mentioned at low price.

I dont like Phablets, I was looking the Nexus 5, but a friend of mine have this 2 devices, only 2 options.

I got Z1, not Z2, but I guess they are very similar and I'm extremely satisfied with it. Only one thing I have noticed, it's hard to turn the alarm clock off in the mornings...

what about Specs?, battery life?, Screen?, Photos?, it lags? it warm when you play for a long time?

These phones are virtually the same when it comes to specs.

-The processor is VERY fast and is about the same speed- Krait 400 at 2.3/2.5 both phones

-Z2 has 3gb of RAM compared to 2gb's on Moto 2014. (better)

-The Z2 has a card slot for you to expand memory up to 128gb's. The Moto does not.

-Both have a 5.2 inch display at 424 ppi (amazing)

-The Z2 has a bigger capacity Battery than the Moto by a lot 3200>2300

-Both getting updated to 5.0 Lollipop supposedly

-The Camera on the Z2 is far more impressive. 22 MP > 13 MP

-Displays are both "Shatter-proof" (Even though my brother-in-law had one and it broke, then again he dropped that thing alot)

I've used the Z2 but not the Moto X

On Paper, the Z2 looks best and when I've used it, it was fast and it felt good in the hand and had a nice design.

I think all thin phones are bound to get somewhat Hot if you use it for a long time anyway.

When I had the Z2 for a little bit, it was nice to have. I think you'd be satisfied with the Z2 over the Moto Papito.

These phones are virtually the same when it comes to specs.

-The processor is VERY fast and is about the same speed- Krait 400 at 2.3/2.5 both phones

-Z2 has 3gb of RAM compared to 2gb's on Moto 2014. (better)

2 Gb ram is enough . By the time 2gb ram gets outdated 4 Gb ram phones will be available at low price thanks to evolving 64 bit SoCs.

-The Z2 has a card slot for you to expand memory up to 128gb's. The Moto does not.

Sd cards suck. They have performance issues.

-Both have a 5.2 inch display at 424 ppi (amazing)

-The Z2 has a bigger capacity Battery than the Moto by a lot 3200>2300

its better check some battery usage statistics online. higher battery doesnt mean necessary good battery backup though i think Z2 must be having better backup because both use same SOC

-Both getting updated to 5.0 Lollipop supposedly

Moto gives update faster than Sony.

-The Camera on the Z2 is far more impressive. 22 MP > 13 MP

Higher MP doesnt mean good quality pics. The quality of picture depends on sensor used in camera. Better compare some online samples pics taken by both phones

-Displays are both "Shatter-proof" (Even though my brother-in-law had one and it broke, then again he dropped that thing alot)

I've used the Z2 but not the Moto X

On Paper, the Z2 looks best and when I've used it, it was fast and it felt good in the hand and had a nice design.

I think all thin phones are bound to get somewhat Hot if you use it for a long time anyway.

When I had the Z2 for a little bit, it was nice to have. I think you'd be satisfied with the Z2 over the Moto Papito.

I think you should gor for Z2 . It will be having good backup. Moto X has advantage of having X8 computing sytem but you wont be missing it.

Z1, long battery life, been on 3% before going to bed, waking up 8 hours later, 2%. Have not felt any lag. No warmth when playing, but I just play card games.If you want a phone with good picture im sure there are phones out there made especially for taking photos, but I don't complain about the photos on the phone. Another thing, the screen si very good, and as the guy in the shop told me, that Sony have combined all screens on the market and got the best screen, anti dust and anti water screen. So if you are at a party and drop it in your beer glass, take it into the bathroom, rinse it water and it's all good. Z1 and Z2 is very similar. 

Also worth to mention, Z1 got pdf and other office programs that is handy for a student. 

(Only 2 buttons, volume and on/off button, which I like alot seing that my previous phone the buttons got damage so couldn't use it)

I've never had ANY issues with SD cards. As long as your using Sandisk of course.

22gbs of RAM on an Android is just enough for Android itself. Android is a heavy platform and its only getting lighter, however more ram is better for the value. Why not go for it?

As for Batter life, stock android on the moto does give it a longer than usual battery life. But I think 3200 is enough to outcast it. Sony's software is just a little heavier but the 3gbs of ram with a 3200 battery capacity will act accordingly well. Plus, more ram means better battery life too.

Also for the camera, Sony makes some of the greatest cameras. Also, they both have the same dense and amazing screen. The motto produces a high resolution 4128x3096 for it's 5.2 inch,441ppi screen with a 13 mp camera. But, the Z2 can produce 5258x3296 on its 5.2,441 ppi screen with its 22mp camera.

If you go for the moto, you'd be settling for less.

I've never had ANY issues with SD cards. As long as your using Sandisk of course.

I didnt say there are any issues. I mentioned about 'performance' issues. The MMc memory chips used in phones is lot more faster than sd cards. They practically have write speed of almost 50 MB/s and read speeds of 100 MB/s. Show me a sdcard which has same write /read speeds. eMMc also have long lifespan compared to sdcards.

Plus, more ram means better battery life too.

Can you explain how?

Also for the camera, Sony makes some of the greatest cameras. Also, they both have the same dense and amazing screen. The motto produces a high resolution 4128x3096 for it's 5.2 inch,441ppi screen with a 13 mp camera. But, the Z2 can produce 5258x3296 on its 5.2,441 ppi screen with its 22mp camera.

I didnt get this at all. Are you confused between screen resolution and camera resolution? Also the the resolution you mentioned doesnt calculate upto 22 MP. Its only 17 MP.

I didnt say there are any issues. I mentioned about 'performance' issues. The MMc memory chips used in phones is lot more faster than sd cards. They practically have write speed of almost 50 MB/s and read speeds of 100 MB/s. Show me a sdcard which has same write /read speeds. eMMc also have long lifespan compared to sdcards.

Plus, more ram means better battery life too.

Can you explain how?

Also for the camera, Sony makes some of the greatest cameras. Also, they both have the same dense and amazing screen. The motto produces a high resolution 4128x3096 for it's 5.2 inch,441ppi screen with a 13 mp camera. But, the Z2 can produce 5258x3296 on its 5.2,441 ppi screen with its 22mp camera.

I didnt get this at all. Are you confused between screen resolution and camera resolution? Also the the resolution you mentioned doesnt calculate upto 22 MP. Its only 17 MP.

Well first off, when your expanding memory off of SD cards, you shouldnt expect lightning fast speeds anyway. Besides they aren't a big deal, its fast enough.

More ram, more efficient way for codes to travel back and forth between the CPU and the ram stick becauss you have less of a clusterf***. However this is just a theory, and sometimes adding more ram has absolutely no effect lol and can make it worse because now you can have more apps running in the background and use even more battery Yay!. Point is,

Don't settle for less!

As for camera, sometimes a lower density screen can mean lower density pictures. As for the calculation, Sony states their camera is 20.7 (not 22 sorry) and records 4k video. I would suppose if you put a 25 mp camera on something like an iPhone 3g, it couldnt process the image to max resolution. So based on that you could say that the 17 mp resolution isn't the max resolution that can be outputted because the pixel density isn't high enough on the z2. Sorry if it's a little confusing.

As for camera, sometimes a lower density screen can mean lower density pictures. As for the calculation, Sony states their camera is 20.7 (not 22 sorry) and records 4k video. I would suppose if you put a 25 mp camera on something like an iPhone 3g, it couldnt process the image to max resolution. So based on that you could say that the 17 mp resolution isn't the max resolution that can be outputted because the pixel density isn't high enough on the z2. Sorry if it's a little confusing.

:huh:

You're wrong. Screen resolution or pixel density has nothing to do with camera. Are you aware that there are phones with 110 ppi and has 5 mp cameras ? (5Mp= 2,592 x 1944 resolution but phones has screen resolution of 240x320). If we go by your theory then DSLRs or any point and shoot camera available should have very higher pixel density to display pics it shoots. In fact they have low ppi screens than phones.

:huh:

You're wrong. Screen resolution or pixel density has nothing to do with camera. Are you aware that there are phones with 110 ppi and has 5 mp cameras ? (5Mp= 2,592 x 1944 resolution but phones has screen resolution of 240x320). If we go by your theory then DSLRs or any point and shoot camera available should have very higher pixel density to display pics it shoots. In fact they have low ppi screens than phones.

Well duh, its just what I thought because when I had this phone with a 5mp camera and 150 ppi, the picture would be in "1080p" mode but when uploading it and looking it at my computer, it looked blurry and with choppy edges, not 1080p at all. I assumed thats what it was. I wasn't aware of that but thanks for clearing it up.