!pl bug, wrong guy got kicked...

TiKe

Question

Hear yee hear yee!

I'd like to report (what might be an old) bug, but as I feel it'd be quite important to get it fixed and I can't find any other post about it I shall now make one!

We had a player called "Ra" that was ghost nading on Killbox on the 21 of March 2010, around 2130 GMT +2. As this was a new situation for me I asked a leader what to do and was told to warn the guy and then kick him if he didn't stop. So I tried "!warn Ra Stop ghost nading or you will be kicked, this is your first and last warning" and the result of that was for some reason "Player "Ra" not found." I figured he must have seen the warning anyways so I tried "!kick Ra STOP GHOST NADING". Same result. Well that didn't stop me so desperate to restore order on the server I thought ahaaaa, !pl, there's the solution! 3=>Ra. Well then I kicked number 3 for ghost nading and to my horror I saw the text ".....kicked player "REDD3VIL.......". After a few kicks and "I'm really sorry REDD"'s I asked Duckie for help. He at first had the same problems, but when he kicked number 3 two times rapidly it first kicked REDD3VIL and then the ghost nader Ra...

Now this ain't good cause I kinda wanna kick the right players and not some poor guy that hasn't done ANYTHING wrong, but happens to have the number 3 in his name. =( Fortunately he understood the situation and forgave us after we told him what the situation was and apologized... ...again. Now I am a big fan of discipline, order and swift justice, otherwise I wouldn't be working with what I am, but in this case justice was let down by an annoying little bug in the system, so PLEASE, could someone take a look at this and try to resolve it so the correct people get punished in the future? :)

As we say in Finland, Kiitos ja Anteeksi! (Thanks and Sorry)

Ta ta for now, I'll cya'll on the battlefield!

\\TiKe

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet