Reinstalling COD4 to maybe get rid of problems.

Ol Smoke

Question

In the maps there are objects that we can shoot and they move or something.

I started noticing that I can't do that anymore.  When I shoot them, nothing happens.

So along with the other problems with the guns and stuff, I am going to reinstall the whole thing.

I may have to start all over again at private to fix some of the issues that I think are in my mpdata file.

Nothing worked right after I installed COD4 into Windows7 a few months back.  I am thinking that my

mpdata file got corrupted then, or it was corrupted patches.

Wish me luck.

1 answer to this question

Alright.  I wiped out all traces of COD4 from earlier install.  Then reinstalled and patched up to 1.7

I went in as a Private 1 and got the game going to see if it made any difference.  And it did.

My guns were working and everything seemed good.  I played several maps.  Then I copied over my

old mpdata file and checked it out.  The silenced guns showed marked improvement.  Especially the G3.

I can once again shoot the bottles and cans and cement blocks and they move and stuff.

So I think I got rid of the corruption that was really messing the game up.