How do I connect my Win7 PC to my Samsung G3 phone?

Ol Smoke

Have been all over the net, and tried everything they say, and downloaded software, but nothing works.

All I want to do is transfer the photos from my G3 to my PC so I can print them for my wife.

When I plug in the USB cable, the phone chimes.  But there is no notification for USB connection in the notifications area.

There is no connection made to the PC.

Is there something I missed, or does the G3 not do this?

Sounds like USB port issues.. or an issue with the cord.

Have you tried plugging it into a different pc, or tried a different cord?

Have you tried every single usb slot on the computer? Sometimes USB slots don't like some devices... I have this issue with one slot on my Laptop for my external hhd.. I can only use the 2.0 slot with one of my drives because 3.0 seem unstable.

Edit:

Might help...

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-That-Won't-Connect-to-Your-PC

Edited by Lady*Raevyn*
  • Like 1

Have been all over the net, and tried everything they say, and downloaded software, but nothing works.

All I want to do is transfer the photos from my G3 to my PC so I can print them for my wife.

When I plug in the USB cable, the phone chimes.  But there is no notification for USB connection in the notifications area.

There is no connection made to the PC.

Is there something I missed, or does the G3 not do this?

Might sound strange but ... do you lock your phone? If so, try unlocking it after you've plugged it in.

Lady Reayvn was correct.  The USB cable I was using was the wrong one.  It came with a charger and only has 2 connections for power.

So I found the USB cable that came with the phone and I plugged it in and it worked.

Thanks for help.  I appreciate it so much.

• Like 2