Opinion? New Laptop ^.^

SinfulRaevyn

Want to buy a new laptop ^^  My Inspiron just started being a douche-canoe. She lasted 3 years... but I can sense illness ahead. D:

So. This.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cyberpowerpc-cyberpowerpc-fangbook-evo-hfx7-1100-17-3-gaming-laptop-grey-intel-core-i7-4810mq-1tb-hdd-eng-hfx7-1100/10298222.aspx?path=d8f51b3ab49ddc19beb55a89da9603eben02

Worth it? (I have more need for a laptop than a desktop atm.)

Looks like some RoboCop shit. It's a good piece of rig, though. Might want to note that it's online only and it's sold out. So maybe find it from a different site or wait until they're back in stock.

I can't recommend spending that on something that will most likely end up lasting a couple years. If you really need a laptop I'd spend half that amount and save the rest for 3 years down the road when that thing has crapped out on you.

You could build or buy a very nice desktop for that and it will run much faster with a far superior screen. Then buy a $300-400 laptop for school and business. I've done the 17" gaming laptop before and it was huge pig I lugged around to classes. It was also much noisier than my peers normal laptops. To be honest, I wouldn't want to game on anything with less than a 26-28" screen after having my 28" for several years. You can buy all that and more for that budget and have something that can upgraded that should last 5-7 or so years. 

I would love a desktop, but I have no immediate room for it currently. <_<

When I need to use a DT, I poke around on Sids. I want a gaming laptop because I travel a lot. I am used to lugging around this 15" inspiron. It was okay when I first got it (I didn't know as much about computers then...), but it was sucky for gaming on. A mere i3 and 420m card >.<

I enjoy laptop gaming because when I want to be truly lazy, I can lay back and mess around. I can also go outside and get some sun while playing my favorite games! ^.^  Most of my former ET years were playing on a laptop and using only the trackpad for aiming :D

I just wanted a decent laptop that, with proper upkeep and cleaning, will last me for a few years and play modern day games at a better than medium graphics setting.

Get an SSD drive (or two) if you have the money, especially if you're travelling a lot. Faster, quieter, runs cooler, and no moving parts to lock up when bounced around. I assume this doesn't since they didn't advertise as such, but I could be wrong.

Might want to note that it's online only and it's sold out. So maybe find it from a different site or wait until they're back in stock.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8939387

They also have that laptop with a GTX870M with 6GB of memory that's even cheaper, both in stock.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8939385&csid=_61&rrpl=item_page.content3&rrstr=ViewedPurchased&rrindex=2