Problems focusing? Give this a try.

LustyRazor

I wanted to share a site called Focus at Will (Focus@Will website) that I listen to while working and creating. I tend to prefer ambient music throughout the day and ran across this site a few years ago that's supposed to correlate with your brain patterns to help keep you focused throughout the day. It's a (free) simple music player that counts 100 minutes down where afterwards, you should take a brief break (especially if you're looking at a computer screen all day).

Here's a pattern of that 100 minutes:

C9h84PX.png

There's a pretty extensive writeup on the science behind how and why it works (How it Works & Science Primer).

Explanation from their website:

focus@will is a new neuroscience based music service that helps you focus, reduce distractions and retain information when working, studying, writing and reading. The technology is based on hard science and proven to be extremely effective at extending your attention span.

And:

Each piece of music phase sequenced by focus@will has a specific role in influencing how your brain habituates, enhancing your focus and reducing distractions. Characteristics such as musical key, intensity, arrangement, speed, emotional values, recording style, and much more determine what is played where and when.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the types of tunes you can listen to.

e2Oj0me.png

Curious what your thoughts are on this, if you've tried it, and what you think?

Edited by LustyRazor
  • Like 3