Pros and Cons

Duty Calls

I tried out Nitmod today and I have some pros and cons about it.

Pros:

• Love the bomb
  • No lag
  • Shrubbot setup
  • Some of the features that I can't remember lol

Cons:

• There should be more than one bomb
  • Bomb needs a skin
  • Tab menu is so tiny
  • Fireteam menu is tiny
  • Logo in console makes it hard to read some text
  • Personally, I don't like the MP5 but a friend said he does
  • Needs some more sounds?

There's probably more, but I can't remember everything.

More Pro: It could just be me, but I found that aiming and controlling the panzerfaust is a lot simpler and easier to aim and control than in NoQuarter.

More Con: I know it could be that it's more lifelike, but I think poison should go away after you make it back to a health cabinet. Maybe it's just me and what I'm used to...

Also, not sure what it's called, but when medics get more health points over time, not by health packs but naturally, it goes up unusually fast, I think, and by 3, which is higher than anything I think I've seen. I just think it's gives quite an unfair advantage. (as if self-healing wasn't a big enough advantage, lol)

Cons:

• There should be more than one bomb
  • Bomb needs a skin
  • Tab menu is so tiny
  • Fireteam menu is tiny
  • Logo in console makes it hard to read some text
  • Personally, I don't like the MP5 but a friend said he does
  • Needs some more sounds?

There's probably more, but I can't remember everything.

Bomb is like 3 times more powerful than a simple grenade so i won't give more than 1 per live, it's up to you to use it correctly (g_bomb 0 if u dont like it)

I know they need a skin but i don't know how to create models so that's why i'm using the dynamite skin atm.

Tab menu is tiny because this way it will always show all the players (for example on a full 64 slots, and i like it like that)

The console logo shader will not be removed, but will maybe be reworked.

Don't like mp5 ? don't use it, or disable in on ur server (g_mp5 0) also there is a flag for g_medics that can disable it for medics.

More sounds ? The goal is a small pk3, there is no need for more sounds in the mod.

Now replying to spiffy, you think that HP goes faster cuz the horizontal bars make it look like this, but it's just like in other mods (unless i made a mistake somewhere, i dont see any difference)

I will maybe add a g_poisonCure cvar to choose if medpacks/syringes can cure from poison.

I agree on the one bomb is enough. I have been hosting and playing on a Nitmod server from the start of this year and I think the bomb is a great weapon. If there would be more of the bombs I think it would change the game completely when people would just through them randomly. I kind of like the dynamite skin. It makes it more stealthy when people need to think is it a bomb or a dynamite. You can recognise the bomb from the pulsing red colour. Also, it makes sense that the bomb is made from the dynamite. Just some more engineer skills are needed for it :) Of course there is one illogical thing with it being a dynamite with a different timer. It doesn't destroy objectives. But some things may need sacrificing to achieve better gameplay :)

I had the same feeling about the tab menu first. Now it's the opposite. When I play with other mods I feel everything is just far too big.

I agree on the logo. It really does make it hard to read white texts from the console. Though you can scroll the texts a bit to see the lines that are under it so it's not a very big thing.