Comedian John Pinette Dead at 50

SiD

I loved this dude. Funny as hell.. Saw him on Just for Laughs quite a few times. Kills me with is NAY NAY routine. RIP man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enAxyqWTpOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPcYcaggNE

http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/movie-guide/Comedian+John+Pinette+dies/9706985/story.html

Comedian John Pinette, a fan favourite at Just for Laughs, has died. He was 50.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s office says Pinette died at a Pittsburgh hotel on Saturday.

The medical examiner’s office says Pinette’s death was from natural causes.

Pinette, a Boston native, become a mainstay at Just for Laughs over the years, performing at the festival several times, and winning over local comedy fans with his boundless energy and self-deprecating material, much of which centred on his weight. He was also an accomplished impressionist.

Agent Nick Nuciforo says Pinette had been working on another stand-up project when he died.

Pinette has regularly expressed gratitude to Just for Laughs organizers, as well as the warm reception and loyalty he received from Montreal audiences, for putting him on the comedy map.

"It's a very sad day at Just For Laughs," said the festival's COO, Bruce Hills. "John was a great friend, a great comedian and a class act. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends."

“Hosting a gala for the first time was a highlight of my life,†Pinette told the Gazette’s June Thompson in a 2012 interview, shortly after hosting the opening English-language gala that summer. “I couldn’t have been more scared. The audience cut me a break for sure.â€

Fans and fellow comedians took to social media Sunday evening, after news first broke of Pinette’s death, to pay tribute to the comedian, who was in the middle of a North American tour at the time of his death.

“I was so lucky to work so many gigs with John Pinette who was as kind as he was funny,†tweeted Montreal comic Caroline Rhea. “So very sad for his family. Way too young.â€

“Can’t believe John Pinette is gone. I’m trying to focus on how hard he made me laugh, not how sad I am that he’s not here,†comic Kathleen Madigan said on Twitter.

In addition to standup comedy, Pinette was also an actor, most notably starring in the polarizing series finale of Seinfeld, playing a mugging victim that the series’ main characters failed to help, leading to their trial for failing to be Good Samaritans. Pinette also appeared in movies including The Punisher and had a trio of stand-up shows released on DVD.