MS To Patch 17 year-old-computer bug

InZo009

"The ancient bug was discovered by Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy in January 2010 and involves a utility that allows newer versions of Windows to run very old programs. Mr Ormandy has found a way to exploit this utility in Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 as well as Windows Vista and Windows 7. The patch for this vulnerability will appear in the February security update. Five of the vulnerabilities being patched at the same time allow attackers to effectively hijack a Windows PC and run their own programs on it."

I ve read this news in OS news.

You had better check and update your windows sooner or later!!

God damn cool, isn't it? 17 year-old- bug!!!????

How beautiful Microsoft is! (-___-)y-0ooooo (hewwwww...sigh!)

• Administrators

Wow big news........ not. It only affects the 32 bit version of OS's since 64 bit windows os dont have 16 bit support. Oh and in order to exploit this vulnerability you need local access to the computer. Dont just c/p an article without including all the facts ffs. Do you think Microsoft and Apple have ppl that just sit there and try to look for exploits in their OS's, ehm no thats why you have google engineers wasting google money to look for that shit.

Wow big news........ not. It only affects the 32 bit version of OS's since 64 bit windows os dont have 16 bit support. Oh and in order to exploit this vulnerability you need local access to the computer. Dont just c/p an article without including all the facts ffs. Do you think Microsoft and Apple have ppl that just sit there and try to look for exploits in their OS's, ehm no thats why you have google engineers wasting google money to look for that shit.

Of course they don't have.

but even though there is little possibility of exploiting, they should have found it and fixed it.

however they didn't know or may have ignored that security problem for 17 years until someone informed public of it.

I think 17 years is enough time for them to find and fix that problem.

I paid a lot of money to buy window xp a few years ago and now for window 7. so as a window series fan and a customer, I complained bout them. that 's all.

and how could I who is not computer super user

know all the fact that "It only affects the 32 bit version of OS's since 64 bit windows os dont have 16 bit support" when I read that article above?

I just want to share this issue with other people as soon as possible.

If only skillful computer user can post in this category, I'll not post here anymore. Don' t worry. (^____^)/

• Administrators

Of course they don't have.

but even though there is little possibility of exploiting, they should have found it and fixed it.

however they didn't know or may have ignored that security problem for 17 years until someone informed public of it.

I think 17 years is enough time for them to find and fix that problem.

I paid a lot of money to buy window xp a few years ago and now for window 7. so as a window series fan and a customer, I complained bout them. that 's all.

and how could I who is not computer super user

know all the fact that "It only affects the 32 bit version of OS's since 64 bit windows os dont have 16 bit support" when I read that article above?

I just want to share this issue with other people as soon as possible.

If only skillful computer user can post in this category, I'll not post here anymore. Don' t worry. (^____^)/

If you read carefully to use this exploit you need local computer access which means you need to physically sit in front of the computer you are trying to exploit. So not such a practical exploit.