how can I update song files quickly?

PHANTASM

Hey guys I have a lot of music files that I want to update with the file names and artists and albums and stuff. They were acquired from CDs (not online, just from friends) and weren't updated properly. So if I copy them to an ipod they all say "Track01" instead of the song name. So I have 400 songs named Track01, 300 named Track02, andd so on. Not very useful. So when I look at them in Windows thay are named by the song name, like "02 Mary Had A Little Lamb", for example, but the background tracking information is missing. I need to update a lot of files so I don't want to do it manually.

Any one know a good script or download that can update this quickly? I tried doing it in Windows Media Player but it would take days.

I dunno if this can help you!!! I use winamp

here is an example of what I can do with Winamp, sometimes i don't have any info but doing Auto-tag provide the correct info... you can select all (CTRL + A) tracks in playlist then hit ALT + 3 and Auto-Tag -> OK and then it will open next file etc...

winam-autotag.jpg

from winamp forum check this http://forums.winamp...threadid=283100

so you can do this for multi files

autotag.jpg