7 Days to Die

Midnight

Great concept. My issue... 1: $35 starting fee for something that is indie. 2: It's early access.

I have a huge issue with early access games because you never know when or if it will ever get finished. It's basically a kickstarter without the option for a refund. I do like the concept and it is an FPS which is nice. Buit I would wait at least 6 months to see the progress. Payin' for it now could turn out to be a huge mistake. I have this on my wishlist and have been keeping an eye on it through steam. Do check out the steam discussions on the game for better feedback.

Also throwing this in, another good title for Zombies looks to be Dying Light.  L4D/Dead island sort of gameplay.

Contagion is a L4D style game too - Early Access. I have it, only because it was on sale for $3.50 during holiday sale. It's much slower than L4D and much harder. Some PvP elements too. Not quite finished, but good to look into if you like Zombie games.

Lastly, non-fps. How to Survive. Great little game. Isometric top down view. Based on survival with a need to eat/drink and you can craft items.

Seems like Zombie games are starting evolve for the better.

• Like 1

I just saw it a couple nights ago and it looked interesting. I like the FPS and crafting as well, but I agree it seemed a bit much for an indie game.  Also the graphics looked kind of low, but from the looks of the videos I have watched it seems to be an expansive world. Like L4D has maps and borders, but this appears to be travel to places, set up safe zones etc, with no limits to where you can go. 

There is another game in my wish list, State of Decay, that looks promising. What do you think of that one?

Also I have Killing Floor, only got it, cuz like you, it was on sale, but I've never installed or played it.  I have the Dead Space games, but they scare the living crap outta me. 

Dead Space is an awesome series. mini throwback to the Resident evil days. Dead Space 3 isn't scary though. EA muffed the series by doing the same thing Resident Evil did. Turned a great Horror into a friggin' action game. GG EA! Not only that, they added micro transactiosn into single player content.

State of Decay is a great game. Felt a little clunky at first, but i think it's more of a realism thing. it's groovy that you can use an xbox 360 controller with it too. Much beter than keyboard and mouse. Lots of micro management, great stealth aspect, base building.. definitely a gem in the horror survival brand. Only thing I dislike is that it's single player only, but it's way worth it for the gameplay alone.

Almost forgot another hope to be great game: Day Z. I tried the Arma II mod of Day Z and it was fun as hell. Want to buy the stand alone version, but it's still Early Access and progress is slow.

• Like 1

Really?! I thought it was a co-op game? Are there servers then, where people can play on their own or choose to play together? From what I've read and watched I had the impression that you could work with or compete with other players to survive.

Nah, SoD is straight up solo. It was planned to have co-op/MP but they had to cancel it. They would have had to redo the entire engine for it to work properly.

Apparently in future SoD releases (hell yeah for more!) they're going to design it with MP in mind from the ground up.

Also, note: Don't get fooled by 'MP mods' some people advertise, because they're all scams or virus packed crap. There are no Mods for multiplayer yet.