nVidias G-Sync

Vanaraud

Looks like promising technology if its made accessible on both nVidia and AMD platforms. As if at moment monitors run with fixed frame rate and GPU pushes more or less FPS out there occur tearing or with v-sync stuttering. G-sync promises to eliminate both by make modified LCD screens run in pace with GPU on variable frame rates. In more detail in TomsHardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/g-sync-v-sync-monitor,3699.html

Though to me the tearing and stuttering seems to be more of a game engines problem as I played both Dead Space 3 and Remember Me which both are built up similarly, tight corridors mostly which don´t need so much GPU power with views on wider space occasinally. DS3 ran with up to 150 FPS and didn´t notice any tearing etc, well ofc its hard to notice graphics problems when you are always alert for monsters creeping out;) But Remember me ran also on 150 FPS but then dropped to 30 with lag freezes with and without v-sync.