Amazon Prime for TV streaming

Ol Smoke

I gave up on Netflix and am trying Amazon Prime.  For $6 a month it is great.  The picture is way better than Netflix.

The only thing I don't like so far is the menu operation.  On Netflix it remembered where you were in a movie, not

on Amazon.  You have to start over at the beginning and then fast forward to your spot to continue.  Also, in

Netflix you could just hit the up arrow and go to the next episode.  Amazon makes you stop, go up to the menu,

hit rewind button, select the next episode, then wait to have your connection checked, then downloading, then

select play, then select play again.  It gets tiresome.  Now I have read, that it could be my Panasonic Blu-Ray player

doing that.  They said every player has a different menu setup.  I don't know.

Netflix was 720p HD and the Amazon HD is 1080i if your system will do that.  Need 20MB down to do it and a Blu-Ray.

With the $6 a month I get free 2 day shipping on anything I buy from Amazon and...and...free Kindle books for renting.

Netflix was $8 a month.

• 3 weeks later...

Well now that I have had Amazon for a few weeks I came up with this conclusion....it   SUCKS!

Everything on the Amazon Prime that is worth watching costs anywhere from $1.99 to $6.99 to watch.  And that includes TV shows that are 5 years old.

To watch Dexter for a full season from last year is $65.  I can buy the whole season on DVD HD for only $39.99.

What a boatload of crap this turned out to be.  PLUS!  Every night at exactly 8:25 pm  I suddenly lose the ability to stream HD to my blu-ray player.  Every night!

Amazon says it is my internet provider.  My internet provider put a monitor on my system and guess what??  No loss of bandwidth at anytime during the day or night for 5 nights and days.

Amazon still said it was them and all my neighbors were using the bandwidth up at that time.  Frontier showed me who was using the same optical line as me at that time of night.  There were

6 people on my line.  I have 30MB download speed.  You only need 5MB per second to watch HD streaming.  So Frontier said what was going on was that Amazon was metering the bandwidth

and it cut me back because of the area I live in.  More bandwidth is re-routed to Portland during that time of night.

So I am done with Netflix and Amazon.