Microsoft may have grown too big to succeed

sincity

Microsoft Business Strategy Analysis
The biggest challenge for Microsoft over the next year will be finding a CEO capable of running a massive, sprawling company that has often been beset by fierce interdepartmental feuds. The New York Times has an interesting piece that ponders whether Microsoft may now be too big for its own good, especially not that it's acquired Nokia and is aiming to make its own handsets.

Continue reading...m-UxvRtY2Fw

View the full article

I'm thinking this BGR website is a tad bit of a Microsoft hater :)

Leave it to BGR to find something negative to publish about Microsoft (even if the theme of the article is for the most part old news). Virtually all large, diverse, multi-national corporations face certain problems inherent with size and organizational structure. There are competing internal factions and large corporations are often slow to adapt and change (amongst other issues). With respect to Microsoft and to a certain extent, this has been the price paid (if you will) for success and growth over-the-years. The article touched-on the CEO replacement but failed to mention the vast corporate reorganization currently underway at MSFT. I'm sorry but the topic (is Microsoft now too big?) in and of itself is not exactly what I'd consider current news. I submit the BGR darlings apple and google are increasingly facing similar issues concurrent with their rapid growth and success. Certain problems inherent with corporate growth and size are not unique to Microsoft.....the larger the ship the longer it takes to turn.