Hit sounds for disguised enemies

gaoesa

At the moment, when you shoot your team mates, you don't hear the usual Hold Your Fire. That is fine I think. But when you shoot a disguised enemy, the hitsounds are the same as when you shoot your teammates. That makes it confusing. Especially because all the classes can carry sten in this mod. My request is that the hitsounds when shooting disguised enemy would differ from the teammate ones.

• Like 1

At the moment, when you shoot your team mates, you don't hear the usual Hold Your Fire. That is fine I think. But when you shoot a disguised enemy, the hitsounds are the same as when you shoot your teammates. That makes it confusing. Especially because all the classes can carry sten in this mod. My request is that the hitsounds when shooting disguised enemy would differ from the teammate ones.

hmm, bad idea. It's a disguised enemy. You shouldn't know he's a disguised enemy until he shoots you. So look at his gun/look if he seems suspicious and kill him. If 1 of your teammate has a sten, then shoot him until he died. If he doesn't die or shoot at you after 15 bullets, then it's not a covy. That's the game and it's fine like that! That feature has been added to etpub and we all appreciate it as a disguised enemy.

hmm, bad idea. It's a disguised enemy. You shouldn't know he's a disguised enemy until he shoots you. So look at his gun/look if he seems suspicious and kill him. If 1 of your teammate has a sten, then shoot him until he died. If he doesn't die or shoot at you after 15 bullets, then it's not a covy. That's the game and it's fine like that! That feature has been added to etpub and we all appreciate it as a disguised enemy.

ETPro and ETPub have made it this way. When you shoot a disguised enemy (unless you're a lvl4 fdops) you will hear the "team" hitsound.

For N!tmod i wrote my own hitsounds code and synced it with the new "on screen" stats (see Work In Progress).

It can be improved, to play the "body" hitsound instead of the "team" one if you're a lvl4 fdops (and/or if Enemy recognition carries over).

Also it's now ETPro style : you don't get hitsounds on dead bodies. So if you're gibbing someone, you won't hear any hitsounds. Just saying it here because i don't want people to say it's a bug.

Hmm. The difference is that you can notice the disguised enemy far easier in etpub at least. To me, most of my teammates look suspicious :P . It still is bigger problem for some others, I get lot of the times team killed if I carry sten and there is enemy covert playing. However, the game is what it is and we will need to get used to the new things. :)

I finally decided to improve the hitsounds code, so here is the behavior :

• Bodyshots hitsounds : alive enemies, disguised enemies (level4 FdOps OR other classes IF level4 signals AND enemy recognition carries over)
  • Headshots hitsounds : alive enemies, disguised enemies (level4 FdOps OR other classes IF level4 signals AND enemy recognition carries over)
  • Team hitsounds : alive teammates, disguised enemies (IF NOT Level 4 FdOps AND enemy recognition DOESN'T carry over)

No hitsounds will be played on dead bodies.

"On Screen" Stats are synced with the new hitsound code.

• Like 1