RC Flight - 3D Aerobatics

S3ti

This is my other big hobby besides pc gaming :) Thought I have to share this, it's pretty enyoing to watch some videos of top pilots, for me at least. Joe Smith is one of my favorites with really impressive skills. I'm far from that but I'm practising a lot again in the last weeks.

I don't fly gas planes only electric and not that big, my biggest plane is about 49 inch (125 cm) wingspan but still fun to fly.

Sadly I have only some crappy cellphone videos, but here some pics of my favorite planes atm, Yak-54 and Acromaster:

post-11075-0-26845000-1376946984_thumb.jpg

post-11075-0-94670100-1376946984_thumb.jpg

Is anyone of you flying RC planes too?

• Like 1

This is my other big hobby besides pc gaming :) Thought I have to share this, it's pretty enyoing to watch some videos of top pilots, for me at least. Joe Smith is one of my favorites with really impressive skills. I'm far from that but I'm practising a lot again in the last weeks.

I don't fly gas planes only electric and not that big, my biggest plane is about 49 inch (125 cm) wingspan but still fun to fly.

Sadly I have only some crappy cellphone videos, but here some pics of my favorite planes atm, Yak-54 and Acromaster:

attachicon.gif303566_3228824651072_1129891169_n.jpg

attachicon.gif373779_2136630546902_469555199_n.jpg

Is anyone of you flying RC planes too?

Passionately good, I have always loved this but never dealt with damm :P nice ..

Passionately good, I have always loved this but never dealt with damm :P nice ..

It's really big fun. In the beginning it's not easy but "standard" flight and crashfree landings can be mastered quite fast. The rest is just practise and patience ofc.

What top pilots like Joe Smith are showing there is pure mindf*** :P it's so hard to keep track of the right stick inputs when the plane is turning and spinning. e.g. when the plane is flying towards you in normal level flight left and right become inverted, and that multiplies 100 times at all axes when doing this really complex figures, it's really impressive when someone can handle a plane like that.

• 1 month later...

Haven't owned one in quite some time now but I still play my RC flight sim a few times a month.  Usually when I feel like flying I hop in a real plane :P