Phil21191's PC

phil21191

As this is probably spend most of my forum time I thought I'd post up a pic of my build. This is a slightly old shot before I went back to air cooling, I shan't be posting current pictures as I'm waiting for a new case.

Anyway so here's the specs as shown in the picture:

AMD Phenom II 955BE @ 4Ghz

4GB OCZ Platinum LV 1600mhz (9-9-9)

Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H

Gigabyte GTS450

OCZ ZS 550w PSU

Antec 300

The Watercooling loop then consisted of the following:

Laing DDC 10w with XSPC Top

Phobya Balancer Black Nickle Tube Res

XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block.

XSPC RS120 Rad

EK Coolstream XT 240 Rad

WjRcKrd.jpg

Since then I've gone back to air cooling which I regret as I miss the silence and temperatures and have also made a couple of upgrades so the spec is now:

AMD Phenom II 955BE @ 4Ghz

4GB Mushkin Radioactive 1600mhz @ 1744mhz (7-8-7)

Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H

Gigabyte GTX460 OC

OCZ ZS 550w PSU

Antec 300

And the Antec 300 is being replaced mid august with a BitFenix Ronin once I recieve my review sample from them

• 1 month later...

Goodbye Antec 300 Hello Bitfenix Ronin

Before, I had gone back to aircooling this was the mess of cables that was untidyable:

oXBZaJV.jpg

After:

rgktGLQ.jpg

Still waiting on braided extension cables and led strip to finish it off. When they arrive I'll upload a better After photo

Couple of slightly better pics showing the hdd cage and support bar removed.

Internet cookie to the person that spots what I forgot to do.

I7aViNX.jpg

aeV4mHH.jpg

Edit: and ignore the shoddy looking fan controller, I have a sythe Kaze Master on its way :)

The setup in the ante wasn't particular neat but that was because I was using a case that was never meant for watercooling. The bit fenix ronin on the other hand is perfect as it will take a thick 240mm rad in the top a monster thick 240 in the front then a 120 at the bottom and the rear.

Price isn't so much a factor I find. Its down to planning and having the right case. Its going to cost me about £250 to get the cpu and graphics card watercooled with 2x240mm rads in this case, and will give me a very neat loop. The only downside is my GTX460 as there is no full cover gpu block for it.

• 3 weeks later...