Manchester United: Ferguson praises Van Persie impact

SjaaKTreKHaaK

Sir Alex Ferguson says Robin van Persie has had "as big an impact as anyone" he can remember at Manchester United after helping them win the Premier League.[/size]

The Dutchman, 29, scored a hat-trick in Monday's 3-0 win over Aston Villa that secured United's 20th league title.
He has hit 24 league goals since moving from Arsenal for £24m last summer.

United boss Ferguson said: "I remember Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger saying to me 'he's better than you think' when we concluded the deal. He was right."
Earlier this season, Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini said his failure to buy Van Persie was the difference between the two teams in the title race.
And, when asked after the Villa game where he ranks Van Persie in terms of the best signings he has made during his 26 years in charge of United, Ferguson replied: "He has made a fantastic contribution.
"In terms of impact he has had as big an impact as anyone I can imagine.

post-189-0-93068000-1366720718_thumb.jpg

Edited by SjaaKTreKHaaK

It's not really worth reporting in news. :D

But yes, he was massive for United. United is not playing the most convincing football but they consistently brought the results. 20th title for United.

13th for Ferguson and Giggs, as many as Arsenal.. :)