Graffiti/Street art

Helmut the soldier

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three years ago, I was in Southern Cal on a business trip and one of the guys I was with talked me into this tour of

the East LA region and this southern region area.  I was amazed at the graffiti art on all the walls there.  It seemed that

every flat wall had something painted on it.  Of course I didn't have a camera with me, but they looked like these.

The bus operator said most of the paintings were done by a single person with spray cans of paint.  But there were

some walls that the neighborhood did as a group.  All of the supports for the freeway bridges were painted.  There is

even an area where the trains are parked, for long periods of time, where all the box cars have been painted.  That

was really cool.  That was kinda north east of LA. One box car looked like you could see inside it and there were 

migrants sitting around a fire and singing.  Another one looked like you could see two cars inside the boxcar.

Maybe Pyrka can do a google search for the boxcars.  I don't want to hijack the thread.

Very nice to see these Pyrka.  Thanks.