Graphic problems

Aniky

In your Catalyst manager, you have a fonction "AMD Overdrive" in order to overclock (gpu clock, memory clock and fan speed) your GFX.. If I remember correctly you have this box ticked by default.. If it's the case, untick this one and test it like that to see if you still have these problems..

Or untick the box of the fan speed in order to get this one on the auto mode..

I will just use this topic to make one quick question so i wont need to open another new topic.

Basically my CPU died for some stupid mistakes of my own and now im on the hunt for the familiar one, the problem is that my motherboard is 5 years old and is supporting AM2 chipset which is basically stone age in computer marketing, so i was doing some research, after realizing i will not be able to find new ones thro the online stores i decided to search for some used ones or something that would fit me. Basically i had:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

And i found online:

AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core, 2.2 GHz

Also this one which i assume is even better than the one above:

AMD PHENOM X4 9950 2,6GHz AM2+

Now i was wondering, if the performance is better than the one i had now, i did some research of my own and as far as i saw, the old one was worse for 46%, but it never hurts to ask some more ppl. As for the socket i found info thats its AM2+, which after some researching is compatible with AM2 motherboard, meaning i could use this CPU to replace my old one or am i wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Aniky

Edited by Aniky

Only way to answer is by knowing your motherboard ...

once we know what your motherboard is, we know what CPU socket you have, and what CPU's will fit it.

That said AMD is MUCH more flexible about the compatibility of several sockets and CPU's than Intel is ... there's a lot of backwards compatibility built-in, in that AM2+ sockets can take AM2 /or AM2+ CPU's ... however not all AM2+ CPU's can go in AM2 sockets, so without knowing your MoBo Make & Model # can't tell you for sure.

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

Try ruling things out....

a) try different monitor.. rules out PC/Graphics card (try a TV? most have monitor connections now) if works ok on TV/other monitor you know it's your monitor, buy new one or repair

B) turn PC off for twenty thirty minutes, boot PC and press DEL key (or thry key you are prompted to use, often F2, F12) to go into bios screen (stops windows loading) and leave PC loading there and see if monitor displays same issue, if it doesn't you know it is windows/driver/overheating issue

c) boot Windows (press F8 on start up) into safe mode and see if issue remains, if issue goes then you know issue is software/dirfver related

It looks to me like monitor is broken to me when you see this, do the "lines" move, shake, vanish when you bend/flex the monitor? if so it is "dry joint" on the monitor motherboard or old part/diode gone. £50/100 repair so I would suggest a new monitor but test first. 

• 1 month later...