Why Girls Love Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball Too

Jopa

During the aftermath of the PlayStation 4 announcement, I tweeted out that ‘the only thing Microsoft can do to win me over is a new Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball exclusive.’ Not even Halo, Gears of War, and Alan Wake can win me over, but a volleyball game will. Add in Kinect capability, and I’m ready to dish out my ‘Shut up and take my money’ meme.

Console discussions aside, I’m sure some of you are probably wondering why I actually enjoy this game. I’ve read some articles written by women online citing that the game is offensive because it minimalizes women to ‘jiggle physics’ and what not. I don’t share the same point of view mostly because the franchise never really advertised itself as one that reflected society in its truest form. It’s a game full of fluff, and everything should be taken in with a tongue in cheek sense of humor.

While this franchise might not be as ‘thought-provoking’ as other games, it has a lot of features that draws a lot of players in regardless of gender primarily because of the volleyball mechanics, mini-games, DOA fan service, swimsuit collections, and what not. Most of the time, all the fluff with the female characters simply feel like an added ‘bonus’ for a laugh once in a while. In this article, I’ll tell you guys about how I found this franchise and what my friends and I loved about it. Let me know what you think in the comments!

All in all, the Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball is comparable to a nice walk in the park. It’s a great game to play if you want to unwind. I loved the soundtrack since it definitely contributes to the whole ‘tropical escape’ atmosphere. I even included most of the songs from the soundtrack in my ‘Beach’ iPod playlist. You can even add in some songs of your own too. I’m guilty of uploading ‘Satisfaction’ by Benny Benassi just cause I have a weird sense of humor. This isn’t just a game your friends can talk about, you can play together as well during ‘exhibition’ games outside story mode. Sadly, they took this feature out in the sequel for the Xbox 360 - See more at:
Edited by Jopa