Need help for another crazy bind :-)

JuLeZ'

Hey guys,

I appeal for help to be able to use sniper rifles again. This is a part of my current config:

bind MWHEELDOWN "cg_fov 120"

bind MWHEELUP "cg_fov 90"

That's very helpful for me, but as you can imagine, I can't snipe properly with it (because

you need bind MWHEELDOWN "weapprev"/"weapnext" for zooming in/out).

I need a config so that you press "ä" to get in 'sniper mode', that means that bind MWHEELDOWN "cg_fov 120"

bind MWHEELUP "cg_fov 90" are deactivated and that I get MWHEELDOWN = weapprev (and the opposite for

MWHEELUP).

Then there has to be a key to get in the normal mode back. It would be perfect to just press "ä" again, if that's

possible.

I tried to do it myself, but it didn't work.. (bind MWHEELDOWN "weapprev"; bind MWHEELUP "weapnext")

Do you have an idea how to do this?

Edited by JuLeZ'

There seems to be a semi-complicated way to do it from just a quick search:

http://wolfensteinet.com/175/

Have a total of 3 cfgs.

Your primary config, with a +vstr binding that loads a config when you have some key pressed, and loads a different config when its let go.

In the example in the link, when you press Control, it loads "ctrldown.cfg" which has an alternative keybinding in it for your keyboard, for example: bind MWHEELDOWN weapprev

Then, when you let go of Control, it loads "ctrlup.cfg" which has your normal keybinds, such as: bind MWHEELDOWN cg_fov 90

• Like 1

It works.. But only temporarily, because ET crashes after some time.

I guess that happens because ctrldown.cfg is executed too often

post-8590-0-81262000-1350827188_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to execute it only once when pressing CTRL?

Sorry about off topic, but why always there is people looking advantage? IMO if you are a 'good'/'skilled' player you don't need that, that's the reason why every game is exciting, the challenge is your "skills" vs other ppl skills. Sorry about off topic.

Edited by Papito*
  • Like 1

Sorry about off topic, but why always there is people looking advantage? IMO if you are a 'good'/'skilled' player you don't need that, that's the reason why every game is exciting, the challenge is your "skills" vs other ppl skills. Sorry about off topic.

Playing with cg_fov binds gives you the advantage of having a good field of view in close combats and still being able to make good

longe distance shots. Of course you don't need that to be a good player. And you also don't become automatically better whit this config,

because you have to learn how to play with it efficiently.

In every compitition people try to make the best of themselves, involving all methods that are legal, just like changing ET scripts. Go and tell

a bodybuilder not to use supplements, because other people don't bother to inform themselves how to use them properly ;)

Another thought would be is another toggle based script.

set beginsniping "echo Sniping ON; bind mwheelup weapnext; bind mwheeldown weapprev; set snipetoggle vstr endsniping"

set endsniping "echo Sniping OFF; bind mwheelup cg_fov 120; bind mwheeldown cg_fov 90; set snipetoggle vstr beginsniping"

set snipetoggle "vstr beginsniping"

bind KEY "vstr snipetoggle"

May or may not work, may be backwards. Give it a shot and see what happens. I'd recommend testing on a localhost game instead of on the servers.

• Like 1

Thanks man, I made it like this now:

2 scripts (standard.cfg, sniper.cfg)

bind 9 "exec sniper.cfg"

bind 0 "exec standard.cfg"

Works perfectly :-) Now I can get on your nerves with my scoped guns again :camper

Edited by JuLeZ'

• 2 weeks later...

use a key to toggle the fov and leave mousewheel bound to the zooming or the other way around, also i never use zoom i always use the sniper with standard scope view.