Red Ring (RROD)

Higgeo

RROD !!! DAMN U MICROSOFT !!! IT MUST BE VISTA !!!!!! (jk jk). Damn Xbox having heart attacks again.

If it makes you feel better my friend had something screwed up with his Wii (one day for some bizzare reason none of his wii remotes would register with the system). Apparently some hardware f***ed up and he gave Nintendo a call and they said they weren't response for hardware failures (Bastards would repair the firmware bricking the system but not faulty hardware D=) . So he got f***ed over and paid 50 bucks to get it repaired.

PS: Is it just me or is this generation of consoles prone to breaking down very easily

RROD !!! DAMN U MICROSOFT !!! IT MUST BE VISTA !!!!!! (jk jk). Damn Xbox having heart attacks again.

If it makes you feel better my friend had something screwed up with his Wii (one day for some bizzare reason none of his wii remotes would register with the system). Apparently some hardware f***ed up and he gave Nintendo a call and they said they weren't response for hardware failures (Bastards would repair the firmware bricking the system but not faulty hardware D=) . So he got f***ed over and paid 50 bucks to get it repaired.

PS: Is it just me or is this generation of consoles prone to breaking down very easily

Yeah i reckon they are, but so far i havent read anything bout a broken ps3 and my ps2 hasnt broken once and ive had it since it came out

The RROD is very concurrent in xbox models before nov 2008. Also different dvd drives in the xbox have different results ( I think there are like 4 types depending on when you bought it). At the moment the BenQ is the quietest dvd drive

The RROD is very concurrent in xbox models before nov 2008. Also different dvd drives in the xbox have different results ( I think there are like 4 types depending on when you bought it). At the moment the BenQ is the quietest dvd drive

I need one of them BenQ ones then, since I have an older Xbox and when it runs it sounds like a blender full of nails.

i had some version of RROD that they weaseled out of taking responsibility for. ( 3 ring )

all you can do to it is temporary fixes =\

MS doesn't even refurb them, they send out new ones if it's the type the court order makes them 'service' under warranty.

so to avoid RROD you just need to keep it cool - all RROD problems are due to overheating because of poor design in placement of the DVD drive and shortcuts taken on the heat sink inside the xbox. keep it upright so it can get more airflow and don't lock it in a cabinet or stack stuff around it.

• 2 months later...

officiel it´s called the ring of death.

reason : an hardware platin inside shot-down. -> moste reason of it is when there are big different temperatures at your room.

my xbox shot down 2 month ago.

a week after it the xbox of a friend shot down too . O.o

hope i could help you.

gretz nap*