Minecraft Snapshots

Frick

ok Minecraft Addicts, I haven't been around because I set up my own server with roomates and friends and I have been updating with new snapshots every week, so of course when I try to jump into FA I get disc right away because I really don't want to change jars every time I want to change servers.

Big question to Doobie: any chance you would be willing to try out the 12w26a snapshot on the FA server?

Plant Cocoa Beans, Place rails on half slabs, added wood colors as well as proper mouse over labels I.E. Oak Wood, Spruce Wood, Jungle wood planks etc... and you can put torches on glass... new jungle and desert temples generated in new biomes... Villager trade options.. and... Emeralds :D

I put 12w27a on yesterday and looks like it needs work, lotta people get overflow error with that snapshot

so I stay with 12w26a

I don't see why people don't just stick with the version that's out now and wait till Notch completely updates the game? Yeah its cool to check out the snapshots that's what its for, but why change how everything works when it still needs work?

I don't see why people don't just stick with the version that's out now and wait till Notch completely updates the game? Yeah its cool to check out the snapshots that's what its for, but why change how everything works when it still needs work?

Until notch updates the game, good luck with that :ph34r:.

It's Jeb who responsible for minecraft now, Notch is working on other projects :P

The 1.3 release is going to contain the changes listed above of course.. but not for at least another month or 2, and I forgot to mention the most important part of the snapshot.. The Ender Chest is bound to player accounts and not the world, so you will always have 1 chest that nobody else can see.. IMO very important security for player's stuff, I have been watching and reading about the grieving and missing stuff and I haven't been set up with my VIP perks so I'm reluctant to start anything on the FA server.

Until notch updates the game, good luck with that :ph34r:.

It's Jeb who responsible for minecraft now, Notch is working on other projects :P

I don't keep up with who is working on Minecraft. ;p haha

The 1.3 release is going to contain the changes listed above of course.. but not for at least another month or 2, and I forgot to mention the most important part of the snapshot.. The Ender Chest is bound to player accounts and not the world, so you will always have 1 chest that nobody else can see.. IMO very important security for player's stuff, I have been watching and reading about the grieving and missing stuff and I haven't been set up with my VIP perks so I'm reluctant to start anything on the FA server.

The grieving is done with on the F|A server. Yes grieving is allowed OUTSIDE the safe zone, but inside when you have a plots and whatnot you can keep all your items safe. Till then just dig underground and mine till you have enough money to buy a plot.