helpful software for remote access/control of your computer

Revenant

These are a few bits of software that I've been using for quite a while and found very useful. All of these are free for non-commercial use.

• Teamviewer-- This software allows for remote control and file transfer of your PC (or anyone else who's installed the software) -- helpful for remote work, or for providing remote tech support.

• Tonido -- Turn your PC into your own personal cloud. This software allows you to access all your drives/files on your PC, stream your music from your hard drive, and even share files with friends directly from your desktop without having to upload.

• PC Monitor -- mobile phone app that allows you to shut down/restart your PC. Required download of PC software in order for it to work.

• Like 1

Ow, and avast antivirus also includes the ability to take over a pc :P

Never tried it though, got used to Teamviewer^^.

Do you use wake-on-lan/wake-on-wan?

Do you use wake-on-lan/wake-on-wan?

I've wanted to set that up here, but not sure how to get it to work. The only time I sucessfully created a link (and was able to use my phone to turn on my computer) was when it was on my wifi connection. I've not been able to get it to where i can turn it on from work if I forget to turn it on before I leave.

Currently have a Netgear WGR614 router - not sure if there is anything I can do with it to make it work better (or if I just should buy a new N band router).