Today's News- Misconceptions

Midnight

http://news.yahoo.com/27-million-people-living-slavery-us-070112851.html

In rememberance of slavery and the Juneteenth festival, I have posted this article. People often do not realize that slavery has not ended, but instead became more sophisticated; kind of like the drug trade. Hope you enjoy the read and it opens up your mind to think about things differently.

:)

The website slaveryfootprint.org created in a collaboration between anti-slavery nonprofit Call + Response and the State Department’s Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, calculates how many slaves work for you. By choosen survey, you have to answer a number of questions, (home, age, kids, food, medicine, gadgets, clothing, jewelry, paid sex).

It reminds us of things we know but which we do not think every day.

http://slaveryfootprint.org

post-4190-0-60376300-1340224555_thumb.jpg

post-4190-0-25002300-1340224561_thumb.jpg

Ecoban, thank you for sharing. My professor that I followed through college, was interested in slavery in prehistoric humans and current times and the evidence left on the skeletal evidence. So it's always been on the front burner for me.