Live from Microsoft’s tablet event!

Corey

Microsoft Tablet Event Live Blog

After saving things for the very last minute in an effort to keep today’s news under wraps, Microsoft is finally ready to get the show under way here in Los Angeles, California. The topic of today’s event is still something of a mystery, though a pair of well-sourced reports from last week suggest Microsoft is about to enter the the tablet game with its first own-brand offering. Microsoft is no stranger to hardware, though it has seen mixed results in the past; the Xbox 360 is still the best-selling console in the world seven years after its 2005 debut, but the Zune player was a mess from start to finish. Nothing is confirmed until we hear it straight from the horse’s mouth, however, so hit the jump to follow BGR’s live coverage of today’s event, which is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. Eastern, 3:30 p.m. Pacific.

Sorting:

Newest First | Oldest First

Auto-refresh:

On | Off
6:38PM:Well, things were scheduled to begin at 3:30PM local time, 6:30PM Eastern but we're still on line outside the venue.
6:43PM:The line is moving! We're right up front so we should be situated in a few minutes.
6:49PM:Howdy everyone I'm here in Milk Studios in Hollywood for Microsoft's (rumored) tablet event!
6:51PM:There was a long line outside so it looks like it'll be a while before things start. Here are some pics of the stage.
MSstage1
BGRstage2
6:53PM:So far we still have no official word of what's going to be unveiled today.
6:56PM:My three guesses: A Vista Phone, a Microsoft Bob Tablet and the refreshed update on Clippy.
7:06PM:we've moved from the "somebody i used to know" stage to the "1901" stage. still waiting
msstage3
7:07PM:and we're about to begin
7:09PM:Not to sound too Tom Friedman, but my cab driver on the way to this event thought the Microsoft tablet would be lame.
7:10PM:Current rumors suggest strong Xbox integration.
-hhrNJxLSUg

View the full article