Doc's NASCAR trips

docwarren

I go to every Cup race when in town. There are 2 per year. So will make this a running thread for me & my son's adventures, instead of a new one for each race.

Here is from 2012 Samsung Mobile 500.

Had the fastest tire change for about 2 hours in this contest. Not bad for an out of shape 41 year old.

=

Our view from the "cheap" seats.

2v1uhxt.jpg

We didn't like those seats. So.... called up a friend of mine high up in Samsung and he got us slightly better seats.

zkoi0p.jpg

Two sections over. Guy in white shirt in front of monitors? Yep...... Ol' DW calling the race.

2gv7os4.jpg

Much nicer way to watch the race.

=

Me & my son in a AAA challenge. It's ALWAYS the last key you try. That killed our chance at winning against the 2 guys drunk off their asses.

=
  • Like 5

Life long NASCAR fan. Watched F1 for several years back when Schumacher ran. Less technical.... yes. But that is part of the appeal. Raw HP & set ups. They are moving more technical than before and I don't like it. I probably could never watch an F1 race live, though. That is the appeal of oval tracks...... you can always see the action, where as with open wheel, most races are laid out so you only see a portion of the racing.

• 1 month later...