Thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro rumored with Ivy Bridge i5, i7 CPUs in April

Corey

macbook-pro-apple.jpg

How To Arena on Thursday cited a “reliable source in the Far East Asian supply chain” who claims Apple is planning to release a new, thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro by the end of April. The rumor corresponds with a report from Wednesday and an earlier rumor from DigiTimes. The reports differ in one key area, however, with confusion surrounding whether the 15-inch model will be an ultra-thin MacBook Pro with Air-like features or a 15-inch MacBook Air model. According to How To Arena‘s source, the new 15-inch MacBook Pro will be powered by Intel’s upcoming Ivy Bridge Core i5 and Core i7 processors, and will be “thicker than currently available MacBook Airs but thinner than MacBook Pros.” A late April launch jibes with earlier rumors, and Intel plans to unveil its new 22nm Ivy Bridge processors “on or around” April 8th.

Read

HwfCz45nOqQ

View the full article