<<Blocking>>

TuNNel-Rat

I understand that its no fault of FA and that your usual guests adhere to common courtesy without being told but this is becoming unbearable now.

I know others including some in the FA roster have exasperatingly expressed thier same frustration with team members barracading doors/exits/stairs (to alter perks/configs, or come to a full stop to shoot targets). Vacant is especially bad for this.

I understand that accidents happen in the heat of the moment (myself sniping have unwittingly done this on occasion but catch myself and un-scope periodically to take reference points). However if I may recommend a mention about not blocking exits/spawns attached to your console rules would be greatly appreciated.

Pls + thx

Those people don't do it to annoy you, that's the problem. We don't kick for small mistakes (hence, we/console first warn for most rulebreaking), and for blocking we can't do it otherwise. I usually, after a LMG-4kill-spree hits 'us', spam "thnx for the blocking", but otherwise we can't do something against it. If people start doing it consequently, I may start warning but usually I don't get blocked that often, even on vacant (and hence have never warned for it iirc). If you want a quick solution, stabbing a knife in someone's head usually is a sign to make way.

Putting more in the !rules I really wouldn't do, it actually is already a quite long list, and the longer it is the lesser people will read it. Do not block is common sense, and if people break that (don't have it :P), just tell them is the easiest and imho best solution.

I here what your saying Tunnel. Some one standing in the doorway and you see a light bulb over their head makes you want to scream. Especially when your trying to get into the room before getting killed. I often shoot from doorways and I also try to leave room for people to get by. I am not that crazy to go running into a hallway in vacant before checking it first. I don't think that a person crouch shooting is the problem. As long as there is room. Its when people lay down in doorways and in high traffic areas that causes the problem. Now that is what I think needs to stop. I agree with what Rolf was saying about slashing them with a knife. Most of the time it gets their attention. If it doesn't then you can always go back the way you came and find another route. I think you did a good thing about posting this so that the higher ups can take a look at this problem. We want you and every player to have a good time on our servers.

Edited by Iceman24
  • Like 1

It should be noted ... it's the same issue on stairways too ... people STOP dead in the middle of the stairs and you can't get around them.

What is upsetting more than anything about this, is if they'd just NOT do it the very MIDDLE ! at least go off the one side or the other and that way we can still get past you.

Same for the Doorways, I understand sometimes it makes for your only little bit of cover, that's fine, but then DO NOT STAND IN THE MIDDLE, move in tight up against the doorjam and at least people can still get through the door. Unless it's one of those cluster F's and 3 or 4 people are all trying to get through the door at the same time. Then you're bonned ! :unsure:

• Like 1

Those people don't do it to annoy you, that's the problem. We don't kick for small mistakes (hence, we/console first warn for most rulebreaking), and for blocking we can't do it otherwise. I usually, after a LMG-4kill-spree hits 'us', spam "thnx for the blocking", but otherwise we can't do something against it. If people start doing it consequently, I may start warning but usually I don't get blocked that often, even on vacant (and hence have never warned for it iirc). If you want a quick solution, stabbing a knife in someone's head usually is a sign to make way.

Putting more in the !rules I really wouldn't do, it actually is already a quite long list, and the longer it is the lesser people will read it. Do not block is common sense, and if people break that (don't have it :P), just tell them is the easiest and imho best solution.

Not requesting players be kicked for such a trivial matter, just a friendly mention "please do not block doors/exits/paths" or something of the sort that appears for a few seconds would be greatly appreciated though (if possible).

Thx for considering