National chatrooms?

Mayhem

Hello guys,

I've got this suggestion for the forum. What about creating some amount of topics in which people are allowed to speak their own language? So, for example, that Dutch people get a Dutch Chat Room where they can talk Dutch, and German people get a German Chat Room where they can talk German and Chinese people get a Chinese Chat Room where they can talk Chinese..

It's main idea is that people from the same nationality have their to place communicate and have fun with each other (I know international friendship is very important as well, but for that we could create a General Chat Room)..

Other effects of these chat rooms may also be that if some guy has a problem but cannot speak english, he can always turn to the chatroom of his own nationality so he could ask his question in his own language to other fellow-nationalities. Therefore it might decrease the use of non-english on general forumboards (idk if that really is the case here, I'm not familiar with this forum for so long now), because non-english conversations can always be held in the particular chat rooms.

Any opinions about this suggestion?

Greetings,

Mayhem

Edited by Mayhem

It was suggested so many times. We want our members to speak English, so everyone can understand, it would discourage them to use their English even if its not good. Of course if help needed in his native language we are here and can have a PM conversation.

We had it before, we won't do it again. We want everybody to communicate with each other and we don't want our members to create their small 'groups' and because of so called groups we lately lost couple members.

Engslish is a language that technicaly everybody can speak so we will stick to english. It is a world wide community where for example a person from poland can easily communicate with somebody from chile.

edit. Joker beat me ;o

Something also to consider, when chat rooms are used, topics will be discussed there, only among those present, instead of posted on the forum. Then, even with chat rooms that only allow english, other forum members will miss the topics because they were not available to be in chat at that time.

There is a chat function in the game, and we have a great shoutbox on the forums to use as well :)

Well okay, after those replies I can agree with you. I didn't know that there already have been several discussions about this, so I guess this topic can be locked as the chatrooms won't be used. Unless someone else feels like adding something to this story as well :)