Programs won't/can't connect to the internet

GI-JOE

Alright, with help from Jaie, I think I've ruled out AVG as the cluprit, disabled AVG Internet security and AVG at start up. I rebooted, turned off my firewall and tried opening Firefox/chrome again and they still won't connect.

I've also been through my internet options to make sure they're all as they should be but I'm not sure what to look for. I'm runnin out of ideas :\ am gonna run a spybot search, but I'm also doubting that as the cluplrit.. D:

It's weird because Programs like Xfire and Steam both work as they shold but their in-game browsers don't.

Well, up till this point, I've ruled out my firewall, avg, internet settings,DNS settings, individual browser settings, and a whole laundry list of other possible culprits as the source of my internet problems with the help of you guys here, and Jaie via xfire (can't thank you enough for staying up all night and helping me). Right now I'm booted in safemode with networking and Firefox is working again, I've been working on confirming whether or not Malware, trojans, or some other kind of virus is responsible, running scans in MalwareBytes, Spybot S&D, and now Norton 360 and have removed (or at least I hope) anything they have found (at this minute Norton isn't done yet).

Hopefully when I reboot in normal mode everything will still be working, so I'm hoping the problem may finally be solved!

EDIT: Alright, I've rebooted into normal after Norton 360 removed whatever viruses it found and everything is working again, Installers, updates, Chrome, Firefox, and I can connect to Killbox now (although master server list still won't load). Not sure what specifically caused the problem but it seems to be resolved now. Thanks everyone!!