SA: Amazon to sell 15 million Kindle Fire tablets through 2013

Corey

BGR-Amazon-Kindle-Fire.jpg

Amazon’s upcoming Kindle Fire will quickly become one of the most popular Android-powered tablets in the world according to new projections from Strategy Analytics. The firm stated last week that Amazon will sell more than 15 million Kindle Fire media tablets by the end of 2013, putting the slate on a pace that will likely surpass most or all other Android tablets considering historical sales performance. ”Our first impression of the Amazon Kindle Fire is very positive,” said Strategy Analytics analyst Peter King in a statement. “Amazon has avoided what most of the earlier iPad competitors failed to avoid; a direct comparison on size, features, price and user experience.” King also noted that despite the fact that Amazon does not tout the tablet’s Android OS, Google will likely still benefit from the Kindle Fire’s success. “One company that will welcome the Fire is Google,” King noted. “Amazon will likely sell such high volumes of the Fire that Google’s Android OS will benefit from the increased scale of Apps developed with Android in mind in general, and Amazon specifically.” Strategy Analytics’ full press release follows below.

Amazon to Sell 15 Million Kindle Fires By 2013 – Strategy Analytics

BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Amazon will sell more than 15 million of its new Kindle Fire tablet worldwide by the end of 2013, according to the latest report from Strategy Analytics’ Tablet and Touchscreen Strategies service. The forecast, published in “Amazon’s Fire Reignites Entry-Level Tablet Market”, is derived using a proprietary choice-based consumer demand model, assumes that Amazon will add two further Fire models during the forecast period, and that it will expand availability to Western Europe, Japan and other developed markets during 2012.

“Our first impression of the Amazon Kindle Fire is very positive,” says Peter King, Director, Tablet and Touchscreen Strategies. “Amazon has avoided what most of the earlier iPad competitors failed to avoid; a direct comparison on size, features, price and user experience.”

“One company that will welcome the Fire is Google,” King continues. “Amazon will likely sell such high volumes of the Fire that Google’s Android OS will benefit from the increased scale of Apps developed with Android in mind in general, and Amazon specifically.”

ixs_qna2V7w

View the full article

• 3 months later...

Got a Kindle Touch 3G for X-Mas myself, could of gotten the Kindle Fire, but I needed it for another purpose. It serves as a sort of reference manual for me, I store a lot of guides and how-to's on it, so when I am out and about I could reference them. I use the https://www.readability.com/ addon for firefox and can send any web page article to it in one click, this is awesome! the 30 days battery charge is awesome as oppose to the 8hr or so battery life for the kindle fire, nonetheless for those who use it as a tablet it is real nice. Seen a few hacks already that shows it running Android Ice Cream Sandwich.