Something that keeps bugging me

DevilHunter

Hey there, this is DevilHunter, I usually play on F|A 1 & 2. And well, for awhile, this bug in my config has been around.. It all works, except for, it will say "Unknown Command cpm". I have no clue what this means, and asked around.. Nobody knows, so I hope someone here knew.

http://devilhunter.rfc1337.net/WolfensteinEnemyTerritory/Configs/ < Link to my config. (Allies and Axis go to the Class Script.)

I really have no clue why it does this.. Also, for some reason, when I look in the console, i see "Your client is sending invalid Player Data" or whatever, yet the game runs just fine. Would this have anything to do with my config? I usually just ignore it.

Anyhow.. that is what I wanted to ask.. hopefully I will get a reply.. If you can't see my configs from the link. I can post it elsewhere I guess..

Edited by DevilHunter

Reading this post here http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-5797.html the unknown command cpm issue might be caused by some of your echo statements in binds3.cfg. The poster mentions when having commas it would cause those errors to come up, which are server command errors. This might be an ET bug, I know many programming languages don't like ; and , characters being used as it means break to another command.

My suggestion? try adding quotes to your binds that have commas in them such as

bind 2 vsay_team "Thanks ^3Thanks for the Health, ^7[h]"
or removing the commas altogether.

Did you ask this three years ago also?? found this while searching about the problem :Dhttp://enemy-territory.4players.de/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?191847

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, well after a bit of tweaking. I still can't find the answer as to why I get the damn "Unknown cmd cmp" thing. I tired everything I can think of. Even just load my normal stuff. (not the Graphics cfg). I Have a feeling its somewhere in High.cfg. Also Now, I get a Unknown Cmd ' message. Take a look at it again. I uploaded the changed cfgs.

Hmm, well after a bit of tweaking. I still can't find the answer as to why I get the damn "Unknown cmd cmp" thing. I tired everything I can think of. Even just load my normal stuff. (not the Graphics cfg). I Have a feeling its somewhere in High.cfg. Also Now, I get a Unknown Cmd ' message. Take a look at it again. I uploaded the changed cfgs.

For Unknown cmd cmp, I see that whenever I exec a script that contains the echo command while not ingame.

As far as I can tell, echo is an alias for cpm kinda like vsay is an alias for voicechat, but not exactly.

I think cpm stands for "console print message" or something like that.

Just as voicechat is disabled while not ingame, cpm is disabled while not ingame.

• Line 232 of High.cfg
  • Line 116 of ScriptsM.cfg
  • Line 169 of binds3.cfg
  • Line 23 of class.cfg
  • Line 22 of sniper.cfg

For Unknown cmd `, I see that whenever I exec a script that contains a `.

The script usually contains this char because I am tabbing back and forth between ET and my editor of choice and often press the default console button by accident while still in the editor.

• Line 165 of High.cfg

Neither of these errors are actually significant.

Edited by BiPo
  • Like 1

Right, well.. I removed all the echo's. Also removed that ' that I just now noticed. I also see you use Notepad++ good man. Heh, anyhow, I fixed the configs, and reup'd it as a Zip now.. Here is the Direct Link..

DevilHunter's Config