Vengeance Cup for Call of Duty 4.

DJ aka GDR DJ

Corsair has announced, in cooperation with Esports Heaven, a whopping $10,000 prize purse for an online Call of Duty 4 tournament called the Vengeance Cup

The tournament, which is set to be the largest ever Call of Duty 4 online tournament, will feature a prize purse like no other before in the history of Call of Duty 4. With $10,000 up for grabs we are certain to see the top teams competing for the number one spot in this competition and with 256 slots to fill we have room for plenty of teams to compete. So get your act together and start practicing because it is game time here at Esports Heaven. The Vengeance Cup is a celebration of the new Vengeance product line coming up by Corsair, and will cater to eSports and gaming enthusiasts from around the world.

This cup will feature 256 teams and will start off with a groupstage. We'll have 64 groups each having 4 teams, the top two of each group will progress into the playoffs. The playoffs will consist of 128 teams and will be double elimination.

Note: this cup is run in association with ESH. This means that the Corsair Vengeance Cup site is directly linked to Esports Heaven and you can use your Esports Heaven details to log in for the Vengeance Cup!

Maximum teams: 256

Signups Open: Friday 16th September 2011

Signups Close: Friday 7th October 2011

Start date: Monday 17th October 2011

End date: Monday 21st November 2011

Format: Groups + Playoffs

Head Admins: tomzki

Admins: sANtiaGo, Shaun3h, TurtleS

Prize:

1st - $6000

2nd - $3000

3rd - $1000

Source and more info

• Like 1

I would love to be a part of this! I am however new to Tourney's and such. Is it an F|A team where if I have to work during the time that my spot could be filled? My current job it is next to impossible to get time off, and I work evenings.

Do you realize how many new assholes we'd get torn if we joined?

At least 42, one for every knife round, and the 13 rounds of each game, and there will be 3, before we were eliminated.

Seriously, a ton of the teams that joined are europro teams with members who have years of competitive CoD experience. A lot of these players had played during CoD2 when it was still the primary CoD in competetive gaming.. Most of our CoD4 members are U.S. members with little to no competitive experience (Do you know what promod is? If you don't then we have another dilemna). The eu members I'm not super familiar with, but with the few I've seen, the odds are slim of us putting up any resistance :s

Plus, it looks like most of the games will be hosted on an eu server, which instantly puts the majority of our CoD4 players at a massive disadvantage. All the games are scheduled for late morning/early evening US time as well, which rules out most of the CoD4 members due to jobs and school.

However, if were willing to deal with the full on rape that will be handed to us repetitively, I'd be totally down xD

• 3 weeks later...

Do you realize how many new assholes we'd get torn if we joined?

At least 42, one for every knife round, and the 13 rounds of each game, and there will be 3, before we were eliminated.

Seriously, a ton of the teams that joined are europro teams with members who have years of competitive CoD experience. A lot of these players had played during CoD2 when it was still the primary CoD in competetive gaming.. Most of our CoD4 members are U.S. members with little to no competitive experience (Do you know what promod is? If you don't then we have another dilemna). The eu members I'm not super familiar with, but with the few I've seen, the odds are slim of us putting up any resistance :s

Plus, it looks like most of the games will be hosted on an eu server, which instantly puts the majority of our CoD4 players at a massive disadvantage. All the games are scheduled for late morning/early evening US time as well, which rules out most of the CoD4 members due to jobs and school.

However, if were willing to deal with the full on rape that will be handed to us repetitively, I'd be totally down xD

very true (: