patch selector

Fargwire

Question

When I installed the patch selector and try to run either 1.6 or 1.7 my profile is gone, it wants me to create a new profile for both versions. Is there any way to use my existing profile, how do I get the patch selector to see it?

8 answers to this question

What version do you install by default off the disc? You could copy/paste your player config into a folder, then copy it back into your game folder,

Just a suggestion, not quite sure if it'll work.

Good Luck :)

I have 1.7.5.3 the newest version.

oh no, I meant which patch selector do you have? Dan's newer one or older UK version?

Do you have the steam version of the game, or the physical CD version?

also, did you install the patch before installing the selector? I've heard that not installing the patch first can cause problems

Edited by GI-JOE

oh no, I meant which patch selector do you have? Dan's newer one or older UK version?

Do you have the steam version of the game, or the physical CD version?

also, did you install the patch before installing the selector? I've heard that not installing the patch first can cause problems

I have the new version, if i just click on the version I want it has my profile for the 1.7 but it wont change to 1.6 unless i run as admin and that's when my profile dissapears.

I have the new version, if i just click on the version I want it has my profile for the 1.7 but it wont change to 1.6 unless i run as admin and that's when my profile dissapears.

Ok i got it, I had the wrong one, it works now.:D

So yeah I tried the UK version and it isnt changing that patch for me at all. I can't find the other one it seems to have either been moved or deleted.

I had the 1.6 1.7 selector and it worked just fine for me but i had to wipe the computer and now im kind of wondering where it is