Would like any ideas for NAT

AntiThought

I have been trying to play some games on the internet like MW2 and Company of Heroes that require an open NAT. I have never been able to open it so I have just unplugged my router and hooked my modem straight to my PC which works (it also takes down wireless internet) but I can no longer do this as my wife and brother both need to use the internet wirelessly. My router is a Linksys WRT160N v.2.

Does anyone have any clue how to do this?

I have tried designating my PC as a DMZ

I have forwarded the ports that the game developers told me to.

I have tried with both uPnP disabled and enabled.

I have tried with NAT disabled.

In all cases MW2 tells me my NAT setting is strict and CoH tells me it has an error negotiating NAT.

are you running WRT160n v2 or WRT169N v2?

How you have opened the Ports on your Router? Have you done Port Forwarding or Port Triggering for your Router? To Make NAT Opne on your Router you need to make certain changes on your Router as well as on your Router. Follow the Settings Below to open NAT on your Router.

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

On the set-up tab change the MTU Size to 1365 and click Save Settings...

Click on "Administration" tab and disable the option UPnP and click Save Settings...

Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...

1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box, click Save Settings once done...

2) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...

3)Click on the Status tab and take note of DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses...

4) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox. IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...

5) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox, Use DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses you took note off of the router status tab as Primary DNS & Secondary DNS for the xbox...

6) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...

7) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect...

This is for xbox mainly, put it still might work.

are you running WRT160n v2 or WRT169N v2?

How you have opened the Ports on your Router? Have you done Port Forwarding or Port Triggering for your Router?

This is for xbox mainly, put it still might work.

Sorry I had a typo in my original post. It is the WRT160N v2. I had used Port Forwarding. I will see if the above steps work.

What is your virus protection?

Do these steps

http://portforward.c...n_Warfare_2.htm

I know you said you did port forwarding, but humor me.

Also if that doesnt work, try this

Once i set my router to PPoE and had the correct ports forwarded my nat opened on the laptop. i also turned the firewall on my router off and left upnp.* UDP 1500 (outbound only, no forward needed)

* UDP 3005 (outbound only, no forward needed)

* UDP 3101 (outbound only, no forward needed)

* UDP 28960

I have dsl and a wrt160

Im just reading topics for you, i havent tested any of this.