What Computer Should I Get?

Atheist

I usually play my games at 800x600 with most features turned down or off. I just want to play a game, not watch a movie.

For online I have lower settings to prevent lag, but with a decent screen running games at 800x600 is not my first choice. Personally, I don't play the game at all then...

The current onboard video is capable of running at 800x600 in ET, and I even recommend that you should run at it. Play at a friends house, see it somewhere else, and you know why you (i.e., many people) want to upgrade.

Granted building your own you can usually get a bit better quality components, more customized components and if your not in a hurry find deals on things like shipping etc. From past experience, PC manufacturer warranty's are generally worthless unless your item is DOA or has a major problem out of the box. Otherwise your better off buying a new part yourself.

Building your own computer is really better, because you can get exactly what you want, and not what another wants to sell to you. But only if you can build it yourself.

You can get an almost new used computer for less than $200 if you look around online (craigslist is good). There are lots of formerly wealthy people selling their fancy computers for pocket change.

True, but also here, only if you know what you're doing.

I wouldn't buy a computer based on my knowledge of people. On the other hand, since I know computers, I won't fail on that. However, selling me a car is a lot more profitable for you :P